Open Access workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerz

Reaction score
Im based near basildon in essex and wondered if there was any concept of an open access workshop eg pay by the hour to use a workshop? or any club i could join?
Im just wanting access to saw/sander for some small craft projects initially but i would like to do some turning at some point.

Another option worth considering is an evening class. For years I have been going to a weekly woodwork evening class, partly for social reasons and partly because it gives me access to machinery that I don't own myself. As a hand tool woodworker I still choose to do most things by hand but it is occasionally nice to have the kit to use if I am feeling to lazy to do everything myself.

Hammerz, I'm in Basilgloom too!

I know that the nice folk down at New Life Wood, near the Essex Field Club Green Centre in Wat Tyler Country Park, had plans for running woodturning courses/days.

Im based near basildon in essex and wondered if there was any concept of an open access workshop eg pay by the hour to use a workshop? or any club i could join?
Im just wanting access to saw/sander for some small craft projects initially but i would like to do some turning at some point.
You could contact Uni spray/ Uni boards they are over by the big Toomey car centre in Basildon area, you can hire space there if it is available, failing that they will supply and cut boards for you if you give them dimensions, very reasonable too. They do not as far as I am aware have a lathe though

Back