one for christmas WHISKEY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkyinboro

Established Member
Reaction score
i know everyone on this site loves the finer things in life
smell of freshly cut pine sap, the look of english walnut whan first oiled
and when you open a present you think its BELLS whiskey and you open it and its bowmores 21 year smokey finest GREAT!!
what is your favorite whiskey??
i have about 3 and cant decide which one is best
one of them is jamesons :D (i love smokey pete whiskeys but jamsons is lovely)

Well to be a little pedantic, my favourite "Whisky" is Lagavulin 16 followed by Caol Isla 12, Laphroig then Macallan 18. I had a fantastic nip or two of a special edition Ardbeg called Lord of the Isles a year ago, went to purchase a bottle and found out it was £150 for a bottle so did not follow through with the purchase. I was a member of the Scottish Malt Whisky Society for many years and they had hundreds of outstanding bottles and special bottlings. However the average cost was climbing to £70 per bottle and a bit rich for my wallet so I left.

I am not a big fan of Irish "Whiskey" but have had many Jamesons and Paddy's in the Emerald Isle. the best I have had was a 12 year old Conamara (sp?) very peaty but still with that sweetness typical of Irish Whiskey.

+1 for the SMWS - there are more and more (well a few!) sensibly priced bottles there too - all single cask...mmmh....tempted to nip in on the way home today, now! Wonder if they're open.

My favourite whisky that i've ever drunk was a Longmarn from smws. 7.77 i think it was. Wonderful. Think it was 25 years old. Lots of demerara sugar and spice!

My favourite is whichever one I am drinking at the time :eek:ccasion5: :ho2

Never had a bad one yet :lol:

Favourites to date, probably Springbank and Glenturret, but recently tend to find myself going for Highland Park, but the fun is in all the differences.

Well, everybody should have a hobby, as well as woodworking of course :lol:

Cheers, Paul :ho2

I've never really "got" whisky - the stuff tastes bloody vile to me. As do most other spirits. Perhaps my taste buds need another few decades to mature..... :lol:

SWMBO will be having it in her cup of tea in the morning though !

Cheers

Karl

Well, for whiskey it has to be Tullamore Dew and Power's Reserve (although Sainsbury's Irish Single Malt is quite quaffable and rather less trouble on the wallet).

For whisky it's a bit more difficult. This year I'm stocked up on Highland Park, Aberlour, Glen Moray, Glen Garioch and Glemmorangie (though it's the original stuff and not my favourite Portwood Finish). I've also got a bottle of Bell's to serve to those who don't know the difference.

The most delicious one I've ever had was Clynelish which I ordered at a local, very posh, restaurant. It was £14 a shot! Fortunately my wife and her partners were paying so my only regret was not ordering a double.

Cheers
Steve

I'm partial to a drop of malt. My lovely wife has given me (as a St Nicholas' day present) a bottle of Aberlour bottled straight from the cask at 60.2% alcohol.
I've not opened it yet.... just savouring the thought....

My MIL has dropped me a bottle of The Glenlivet. About a third of the price of Aberlour but very acceptable, nonetheless.

Nice to see there are some connoisseurs of the "Aqua Vitae". I am fortunate due to my travels around the world to have quite a collection (not minatures). I have conducted lectures on the subject as far afield as Thailand.
My favourites are Lagavulin, Bowmore, Laphroig and The Macallan.
The only thing to put in a good Whisky is another!
Enjoy.

Slainthe!

You're the man to answer this then Haggis. Whiskey is reserved for the Irish stuff and Whisky for the real Mc Coy I thought?

Roy.

Hopefully, this admission wont get me drummed out of the forum but I dislike whisky on it's own. My son gives me several bottles of single malt every year (he has no taste either!) and I mix it half and half with Drambuie. Lovely! :D

I'm not a lover either Gower, wine or ale for me, so you're not alone.

Roy.

The last time I partook of the top shelf was in my late teens, I did'nt like it then and don't like it now, beer only for me.
I only drink twice a week now....... once for three days and the other for four. :lol:

Rich.

there aint no spirit i can drink on it's own. My Dad's been trying to get me on the Hennessey XO for years, tastes like paint thinners to me. I don.t mind JD and Coke. But I can't have either any more. Caffeine gives me migraines and so does alcohol :( Orange Juice for me this Xmas!

Ive tried a few whiskeys, The last bottle i bought was Talisker, I gave it away, I dont go on scotch too much.

I like Bourbon alot better, But have to mix it. Wild Turkey is my favourite.

Has Anybody tried an Irish drink called Poteen before? On a few online offlicences stock it, Over 60% it must be like firewater :twisted:

Latest posts

Back