One Call rip off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
just had a puncture down the road from my house, called One Call insurance who give me 2 free call outs per year on the basic policy to get it sorted.
Sorry sir punctures and wheel changes are not covered by our free call out basic policy you will have to upgrade to our gold policy costing a further £99.95, had no choice so had to do it.
Decided now i have more time today to phone them and clarify why i had to upgrade, oh you will have to speak to our breakdown department sir, here's the number, i phoned breakdown who told me nothing to do with them, One Call set out the policies, so i rang back and was put into the black hole void until i put the phone down..

is there anywhere i can complain about this or am i wasting my time...

What does the policy document say?

It wouldn't surprise me if they were excluded from a cheap policy because it would substantially cut down the number of call outs but the devil will be in the detail of the contract.

I carry a full size spare wheel. Had to buy one for the Tipo as it came with a "space saver" (for much less than the £99.95 insurance upgrade). God only knows what space it saved as a full size one fits inthe wheel well perfectly, together with its jack and wheel nut spanner. Reason is I wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere, especially on a 300 mile run to the ferry port with its time contraints.

Latest posts

Back