OMG--finally--almost

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf":1o2xw6ay said:
bugbear":1o2xw6ay said:
wrote:
Hmm. 9 sided. New to me, too.
Whereas it's never even occurred to me to start counting them...
Alf":1o2xw6ay said:
...Okay, Mike, send it back - it's obviously too valuable and I wouldn't want to embarrass you... :wink: :lol:
chuck_0001.jpg

I would gladly send it back your way...says Mike, calling your bluff, Hah!

It is very unique in my limited experience--aside from the 5" sweep.

Treasured it is...Mike

Okay, you've got me doing it now... I just went and counted the sides on all my brace chucks. Well that's not strictly true; I counted all the sides on the brace chucks that were accessible :oops: Anyway, the results:

Comet (iirc) 10" - Null and void due to totally different chuck arrangement.
Stanley 901 10" - Also null and void due to being 'Murrican and a knurled shell.
Chapman (I believe) 10" - 8 sides (the crowd gives a sharp intake of breath)
Unknown, rescued from neglect but still with its faded loveliness showing through 10" - Hah! Nine sides - and a similarly curvaceous shape.
My grandfathers 5" sweep (with ball bearing pad, I might add) - Hmm, Eight sides...

Well any chuck-envy is assuaged. I have nine sides should I need them :roll: plus I really don't need to 5" sweep braces and choosing to keep my grandpa's was a no-brainer. S'okay Mike, you can keep it... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

>From the 'draw from the hat', the winner is MarcW!

fs_0024.jpg

fs_0024a.jpg

Marc...I've sent you an email.

I want to thank all of you for playing along and for your graciousness.

We demented Sick Saw Monkeys have thought of another couple games, one of which will be after the upcoming New Year, probably February or March. So our plan is to have maybe 3 interesting games for through 2007. At least one will be for a tool which isn't a saw and can be used by those who don't use handsaws.

Again, many thanks to all!

Take care, Mike

Congratulations MarcW :mrgreen:

It was a good competition Mike and a pleasure to take part. And thats what really counts. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Lets us know how you get on with it.

Guess i'll just have to buy one now.

Matt.

Ooo, lucky fella, Marc. =D> Much kudos to Mike and Dina (the latter for letting him do it :wink: ) =D> =D>

Mike, I think you should TM "Sick Saw Monkeys" PDQ - for the range aimed at the modern, kiss-ass handsaw user. :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2ghcyubn said:
Mike, I think you should TM "Sick Saw Monkeys" PDQ - for the range aimed at the modern, kiss-ass handsaw user. :D

Cheers, Alf

That would certainly make an interest etch for Mike's saws :twisted:

Wendell

Mike,

I don't know what to say; [-o< Oh My God [-o<

Great, \:D/
Great, \:D/ \:D/
Great,\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Great,\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Great,\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Strike \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Many thanks to you Mike and Dina for this pure fun days. Alf, thank you for shipping your patrimoine over the pond. And everybody else involved in of which I don't know at this stage.

Many thanks :oops:

Marc

P.s.: Mike, I'll send you an email.

Well done Marc. & thanks to Mike and family for a very enjoyable thread.

Is Alf going to run a simliar comp to guess the contents of the box that Mike is sending :wink:

Andy

Marc

You lucky man, well done
I am happy for you :mrgreen: :whistle: :wink:

As for Mike and family

Thanks for all the enjoyment of the comp but I still think you are a little twisted :wink:
In the nicest possible way :)

Back