Olive Wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacecadett

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody let me know where I can source Olive Wood blanks from?

I have had a good look about online but cannot find anything bigger than square blanks at 190mm x 100 mm

Thanks!

What size are you looking for, I can have a look in my firewood pile and see what I've got ,but large pieces are hard to find even here in Spain .
If I find any I can chuck them in the van ,I will be back in the UK within the next two weeks .

This is where I get my firewood ,it's mostly Olive and Eucalyptus .

Attachments

• Fire wood.jpg
    Fire wood.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,462
I think The Toolpost have some in, but I doubt as big as 12", but worth giving them a call ?

Cheers, Paul

I use bits occasionally from a tree in the garden (about 120 years old) but to get anything that size would mean felling. If my experience is anything to go by I'm not surprised it's expensive as I've found it very difficult to dry without cracking and the more colour the more risk.
That said, turning it is a culinary experience.

I aquired some whole olive trunks, through an aquaintance who was importing olive trees to the uk. These were coming from olive groves in italy that were being re planted. Sometimes the dead trees were being stuffed in the trucks as packing or to make up the space. The bigger pieces were not the easiest to dry, even after drying for several years they were still very wet inside and would move whilst turning. Containing lots of inclusions and stress cracks.

Latest posts

Back