• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Oli Natura Hard Wax Oil

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

DaWoodster

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using this quite a bit recently where I would normally use Danish Oil, it's pretty good stuff.

You can occasionally get it on sale at Amazon, like now at £14.17 a litre if you have a prime account...

Keith Cocker

Established Member
Reaction score
I used it and wasn’t that impressed. I normally use osmo so the price difference was attractive. But I found it to be very slow to dry and quite sticky.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've just tried it. I did find it a bit sticky to wipe off after the first coat, but I used it yesterday afternoon and have just sanded it and given a coat coat. It sanded as like Danish that had dried for weeks - very, very fine non sticky white powder - and the second coat wiped off easily. At £15 a litre what's not to like?

DaWoodster

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't find it sticky at all but I only do a thin coat and wipe the excess off after 10..15 mins, a grey scotch brite rub down and repeat the next day to finish off.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I used one coat, not wiped but sanded lightly and a second coat wiped off. I left a puddle of red wine on it for twelve hours with no sign of any marking (the piece of wood was of no particular value) - it seems a perfectly good finish to me.