Old Coronet Elf spindle & bearing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a spindle and bearing from a Coronet Elf lathe.
It's a tapered spindle and adjustable bronze bearing (oil type)

It has been used but very little. Was bought by me from a company in liquidation as my late father in law had this lathe and I couldn't resist it.
He tried it on his lathe to make sure it worked and I recon used it for a couple of weeks of extremely light hobby use before re-fitting the original.

He sold all his gear a few years ago and I forgot I have this. It's no longer available I think and before I put it on ebey, wondered if anyone here is interested.

I would post pics but can't for the life of me see how to do it! :)

Shultzy":gbinns9o said:
Lons":gbinns9o said:
I would post pics but can't for the life of me see how to do it! :)

General Chat - second post down

Aha...............That'll do it , many thanks for that.

Not sure why I couln't find it - senior moment probably

tigerturnings":35huekyn said:
If there's no private interest here, you could always see if Derek Pyatt is interested in buying it - his website is http://www.coronetwoodworking.co.uk/Home.html

Cheers,

Neil

Thanks Neil

Didn't know the site existed, I've bookmarked it now.

I'm in no hurry to get rid and more anxious that it doesn't go to waste than what it's worth. It was a solid little machine and my father in law loved it.

Would be easy for me to throw it away (my wife would argue that I find it impossible to do that).

I'm sure I've got loads of other stuff as well so must sort out one of these days :lol:

Bob

I use and Elf at the moment, nice solid lathe. Up for sale though later on as I'll be downsizing - Rob

.. and on a closely related topic, I've got the mainshaft for a Coronet Consort (the little table saw that would take lathe/planer/belt sander etc attachments). Also brand new, never been used, been sitting in a drawer since I sold my Consort many years ago.

Hi Lons

I relise it's a very long shot as this post is a year old but I'm wondering if you still have your elf bearing? I have a coronet minor in dire need of a new bearing and as far as I can see they are the same as the Elf. If they are I would be interested in purchasing yours assuming it's still available.

PS I am new to this so hope this works OK!

bikerbob":2v0q68g9 said:
Hi Lons

I relise it's a very long shot as this post is a year old but I'm wondering if you still have your elf bearing? I have a coronet minor in dire need of a new bearing and as far as I can see they are the same as the Elf. If they are I would be interested in purchasing yours assuming it's still available.

PS I am new to this so hope this works OK!

Hi
you should have pm,d me really but sorry it's long gone.
I'd keep a close eye on ebay though as I have seen them come up occasionally as used.

cheers

Bob

Latest posts

Back