Old Axminster carriers on evolution chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bogmonster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The marketing blurb on the evolution chuck goes on about re-designed jaw carriers. Will the Evolution chuck work with old carriers I have been using on my K10 Clubman chuck? I have a few sets of these already and I would rather not have to replace them all.

Also. any idea where I can get a very low profile key? On the K10 I use a drill chuck key that can fit inside small bowls - I know this is not a common way to work but I like it.

BW

As far as I'm aware the carriers should fit, the scroll form is the same, the older ones are just shorter than those supplied with the evolution.

Re- your use clamping inside bowl cavity, remember the evolution is 114mm diameter making peripheral clearance less than your existing chuck, you may be able to use a modified ratchet from a socket set.

BW

Just to confirm Chas' comment the carriers do fit the new Evolution chuck.

The key for the Evolution is a square drive - can't remember if it's 8 or 9mm - so don't see why you can't rig something up for clamping inside a bowl.

Thanks, at £30 a pop the carrier sets add up, good to know I can continue using them :)

Back