ok, I'm inspired...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent, those finger joints are good. Not so sure about the Bontempi music in the furniture section though :D

I think the finger joints are just too wacky, despite the incredible craftsmanship.

I do like the fine comb style joints on their.

Thanks, I spent a long time on your link, I particularly liked the links button as well. Went to Exotic jewelery boxes option (new)

nonki.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out how he got that joint together.
It's like a dovetail but in both directions. There must be a cheat to it, one side of the joint must be not the shape it seems to be.

Any thoughts?

EDIT : Or perhaps it goes together like a hinge. It starts out flat and fits together as the "leg" is angled down to 90. Maybe.

i was thinking the same...
i was looking at this one

sikake1x.jpg

and thinking that the circle parts of the tails can't be full depth so it can hinge and pull out... i suppose if that was the case then an it would have to be put together as 1 piece before popping in to its square shape to lock it all together. /_ / to |_| etc... but all four sides...

can't figure it otherwise.

I can't for the life of me figure out how he got that joint together.
It's like a dovetail but in both directions.

It does slide together but with both pieces at 90 degrees, inside corners touching, so the direction of slide is at 45 degrees to either surface. David Charlesworth covers it in one of his books.

Back