oh no another kitchen!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Sorry, more kitchen pics but i'm having a good run on them.

pa040019tz3.jpg

The worktops are oak made out of wide boards, the run on the left is 4.2 metres long, try getting a straight edge on those boards!!!!

pa040017ub0.jpg

pa040022ta1.jpg

The frames and posts are beech, I used to use poplar but switched becaused it dents to easily and absorbs water (steam) around the dishwasher even when painted it would then swell and crack the paint, no problems with beech so far, also use maple sometimes.

The doors are Medite moisture resistant MDF, I used to use the cheaper MR mdfs but found the named products (medite, kronaspan etc) to be better in my opinion.

The finish is sprayed on, 2 coats of pre cat primer and an a/c lacquer paint top coat, I use Morrells for supplies they will colour match any dulux or farrow and ball paint so the customer just selects a colour swatch from a DIY shop

The worktops are oak 35mm, oiled.

Nice , very nice =D>
I have to agree with you on the MDF as I have just done a jobwith some of the Medite and noticed the difference :)

Very nice.

Interesting comment re tulipwood. Do you find the beech as quick to prep and finish?

Cheers

Tim

Probably just as quick to prep it up, but more wear and tear on blades and sanding belts, just because its a harder timber. Obviously theres quite a price difference as well but its worth it in the long term.

Back