Oh dear. . .

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIGNAL

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid this is what greeted me early Sunday morning. You know the theory, a butterfly flaps it's wings in one part of the world and in another . . .Well I guess that damned butterfly flapped it's wings a little too vigorously because it really is chaos. Although it could have been the high winds we have been experiencing lately . . yes! Huge winds, winds that have an absolute devastating effect! Must be. But perhaps it's an excess of that male hormone? That testie thingy.
A quiet Sunday morn.
ohdear565x362.jpg

At least 20% of your bench surface is still visible so nowt wrong with that. I start to panic when it gets down to 5% :roll:

I can make a bench as tidy as that in a matter of minutes! :lol:

I can't be alone in being a little disturbed by the wine glass standing next to the bottle of white spirit. Things haven't got that bad, have they? :lol:

Looks like someone broke in & done some work !!.

This is normal for men, workshops kitchens whats the difference.

regards.

Keefaz":t1xh5k5h said:
I can't be alone in being a little disturbed by the wine glass standing next to the bottle of white spirit. Things haven't got that bad, have they? :lol:

thats just what i was thinking :shock:

mambo":2ca4rneg said:
Keefaz":2ca4rneg said:

thats just what i was thinking :shock:

:lol: I thought it was too, but I think it may be a pop bottle cut in half.
:D

I can't be alone in being a little disturbed by the wine glass standing next to the bottle of white spirit. Things haven't got that bad, have they? Laughing

White spirit? That bottle,my friends, contains Turpentine. Nothing but pure spirit of gum turpentine. For me:the finest.

For you lot-:

meths.jpg

The piano has been drinking
My necktie's asleep
The combo went back to New York, and left me all alone
The jukebox has to take a leak
Have you noticed that the carpet needs a haircut?
And the spotlight looks just like a prison break
And the telephone's out of cigarettes
As usual the balcony's on the make
And the piano has been drinking, heavily
The piano has been drinking
And he's on the hard stuff tonight

(Courtesy of Tom Waits)

Never mind being able to see the bench, the time to worry is when tools are two or three deep and you cant find space to put your tea cup down. :lol:

I agree with Lord Nibbo, if there is no space for the tea cup it's time for a clean. Mine looked like that this morning but now it is ready for the next job......(Tomorrow morning) :roll:

......on the other hand, this is what my workbench looks like at the end of each session. I do appreciate that we all work in different ways, but I personally find I can't produce the type of work that I like to do if I work in clutter.....must be the ex-woodwork teacher in me :( - Rob

bench.jpg

LN - Made several years ago now, solid beech top 75mm thick, based on the design in Joyce's book with some cunning extra modifications (Mr C inspired removable tool well trays which allows cramping across the width of the bench and extra bracing to prevent 'racking') - Rob

MIGNAL":bhhkyi3m said:
I can't be alone in being a little disturbed by the wine glass standing next to the bottle of white spirit. Things haven't got that bad, have they? Laughing

White spirit? That bottle,my friends, contains Turpentine. Nothing but pure spirit of gum turpentine. For me:the finest.

For you lot-:

meths.jpg

As long as it's a cold one :wink:

Back