Oak-veneered Plywood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabiloo

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice as to where I could find plywood (or possibly MDF) that would have one face veneered with oak?
I'm building a sink cabinet in our bedroom. The "external" faces (top and front) will be tiled with travertine. The interior part is open, and I want to cover the inside with oak (to match the rest of the furniture in the bedroom). I don't want to use solid oak however (not really worth it...)

IMG_1406.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1406.JPG
    IMG_1406.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 129
It's a very commonly available product. I guess for local suppliers you'd need to tell us which neck of the woods you are in. I'm about to buy some myself, and know exactly where I'm going, but you might be 500 miles away from me for all I know.

I recently got some oak veneered ply from Arnold Laver, looks like they have a branch in Hertfordshire which I think is nearish you. It's the first time I have used oak veneered ply (1 side) and was surprised how thin the veneer was, it seems a thicker veneer on MDF which is what I normally use.

I think these guys may deliver to your area
https://www.slhardwoods.co.uk/products/sheet-material
I would absolutely, avoid any MDF in a wet area unless its tricoya, Its always where you edge the boards that the moisture gets in and it swells up etc plus the mould thing...its just total rubbish and not fit for the purpose.
These guys also do a nice range of veneers so perhaps do the build in ply and veneer over. :)

Back