Oak Gate Finished at last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryD

Established Member
Reaction score
Gate058-2.jpg

Just updated the link (hammer)

My Oak gate, Finished at last

if you would like to see the photos of the making of the gate

To See the Gate Build please click on the Link

https://sites.google.com/site/thewiddin ... arden-gate

Wow, thats a work of art Gary. Lovely job and nicely in keeping with the beautiful surroundings.

Wonderful piece of work Gary :shock: Your dowel jig alone is very impressive too :shock:

One question - will the gate eventually weather to match the fence or are you considering;

a) Staining the gate to match the fence ?, or

b) Replacing the fence to match the gate ?

Well done fella.

Mark :D

Very nice. I don't like the church theme but that's a whole different story. It really fits, nice to see people making things with character and historical meaning.

Ooh, nice gate. Love the cut outs, very good job indeed.

By the way, you don't live in Mike Garnham's house do you!?

very nice gary , puts my effort to shame - i'm sure as hell not showing swimbo ;)

Fantastic job, I love it! =D>

Have to agree with previous comment that it's not my personal taste (the churchy theme that is) but the workmanship, care and most importantly its 'sense of place' is bang on the money.

Well done.

I really like this, was there a work in progress I missed? Looked at the link, thanks still impressed :wink:

That looks fantastic, you should be very proud. I love working in oak.

I am very interested in your dowel making jig, clever idea. I will definitely be giving that a try.

Thanks for all your thumbs up comments. I do appreciate that the church theme is not everyone's cup of tea but for me it was just right for this small home project.

Like a lot of us I have spent many a happy hour wondering around old churches admiring the wonderful woodwork. Some of the timbers are hundreds of years old but they still give us great pleasure. I also love the look of old weathered Oak. Oak that has been out in the elements for decades.

I just hope my gate last long enough to take on that wonderful look and hopefully gives others the same pleasure that I get when I look at work done by reel craftsman's hundreds of years ago,,, only time will tell.

So on to the next project, a ledge and brace planked Gothic door with frame…..That sound like fun!!

Thanks

Gary

To See the Gate Build please click on the Link

https://sites.google.com/site/thewiddin ... arden-gate

Back