Oak flooring suppliers - have you used any of these?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 20mm T&G oak floor about 5.5m x 3.5 m from the Sussex people about 3 years ago and... I am afraid it was not good. I had to go over the whole thing with a belt sander as the T&G joints were so out of true. Also there were lots and lots of holes where they had just filled with some brown filler. I ended up drilling out quite a few of them with a 1" forstner bit and 'patching' with 1" oak dowel. However when I complained I did get almost half the cost back from the MD of the company - so in some ways it was a very good company

I have used these for an oak floor in our bathroom. Excellent product, very well finished, but they are very local to me so I was able to pick up what I wanted.

www.britishwoodfloors.co.uk

Remember to condition the floor well before you use it to minimise gaps opening up.

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks guys for all the suggestions...especially Gasman for the feedback on one of them. They're currently charging £72 per sq m + VAT (supply only)!

Latest posts

Back