Nylon rollers for Sliding sash windows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie_Mc

Reaction score
Hi folks

I'm a newbie unfortunately :? - I was wondering if anyone could tell me of a supplier of small nylon rollers (I have a pic of one but dont know how to attach it - can anyone help me? - Thx) that I'd like to use on sliding sash windows to reduce friction?

Any help gratefully received.

Charlie

I may be being unhelpful here, but I don't think rollers will help. On old sash windows, just wood sashes in wood frames, the sashes slide quite happily without help. On "modern" sash windows, maybe sliding in plastic extrusions, the draughtproofing strips usually cause nearly all the friction. I've found sticky sash windows can be greatly improved with PTFE grease (as used on my bicycle chain!) but the draughtproofing overwhelms everything.

Do you have any more info?

DSC00666.jpg

I can't see how that will help. Make sure that paint build up isn't affecting anything and rub a normal wax candle along any sliding surfaces. If the window is very old and the original very thin glass has been replaced by thicker glass it may be that it needs reweighting. I am presuming that it is a traditiomal, wooden, sliding sash.

Back