NVR switch for a Perform table saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjmc1957

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
My Perform T/S stopped working yesterday, I actuallyhave no idea why, I've checked the fuses, pressed the re-set but no joy. I thought about changing over the NVR as the obious next point, however when I unscrewed the swith from the machine it is labelled as a KJD22 and has 6 pins at the back, I've tried the usual places, Amazon and E-bay to find one but with no luck I can only find 4 pins....are the 6 pins still available?

How much use has the machine had, is it an induction motor or does it have brushes?

If it has had regular use and a brush motor, check the brush lengths in case they are worn or stuck.

Its very, very difficult to fault find from a distance, but before rushing out and buying stuff you really need to know where the break in supply is.

Have you plugged something else into the wall socket to see if that works? Wall sockets burn out expecially if the equipment is near the maximum circuit load.
After that its all guess work unless you have a basic multitester or even a glow stick to find where the power stops.
It could be the NVR switch, but it also could be a break in the cable that isnt even obvious.

I suggest buying a glow stick like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGIFLEX-Volta ... B004B9C7N4

It could save you many pounds in the future

Good Morning CHG and Sunnybob.

I'm afraid that my electrical expertise sits around the level of changing a fuse or a bulb, I have plugged in other machines and they work fine, I'll buy a glow pen today and I'll have a look on YouTube to see what the brushes look like and where they might be, I'm very much a visual learner so generally I can disassemble and reassemble most things.
I'll keep you informed.

Thanks

Kevin

When you turn the switch on and press the button, do you get any reaction at all?
Does the motor hum, fizz, stutter?

If an nvr switch goes faulty, it will usually still run the motor but not stay on, as soon as you let go it stops.

Motor brushes usually take a time to go, and usually give out trails of sparks before dying completely.
good luck with your tests.

Hi All

Ordered the brushes yesterday at 10:30 via Amazon, came this morning at 10:45, fitted in about 10 minutes and I'm back to work in the shed, happy days.

Thanks for the guidance for all.

Regards
Kevin

Back