Nursery to be made......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim123

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

We've got a baby on the way who's due at end of January so i need to start getting things together to make the 'nursery' (back bedroom!), look all nice and baby like etc etc etc......

I was thinking of routering out some numbers and some music notes to put up around the walls to make it look nice etc....does anyone know where i can get templates online for these? The numbers should be easy enough to find but it's the music notes that might be problematic. I'd draw them myself and mark the wood out that way but i struggle drawing a pair of curtains let alone something that has a bit more detail to it!

Also, if anyone has any good ideas for things to make for a babies nursery then i'm all ears! She's already bought the cot so all that kind of stuff is out of the window!

We don't know whether it's a boy or a girl yet either!

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Jim

Hi,

If you have access to a printer or photocopier you could try and find the images on the Internet or in papers/magazines and either print/photocopy them to a larger size. Then cut out the shape and trace around it onto the wood. Finally rout by hand. If you are using the font in a computer package like word or even e-mail, then 'comic sans' has a hand-written quality.

I did some letters in a similar way recently and routing by hand isn't half as hard as I thought it would be.

DT

Thats what I did for my house number, I printed a big No 9 out then stuck it to the wood.

O/K the first two came out as 6s but the third one was fine. :wink:

Pete

Latest posts

Back