Now I dont think this will be a problem but...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of buying the UJK parf system chamfer tool, i bought the UJK Combined Chamfer & Reamer Tool.

Its for putting the chamfer on newly made mft top, so after ive used the parf system to create the 20mm holes, i see you need to add the chamfer, and while i dont see it was being problematic, just the thought of running a reamer through the new holes makes me wonder if im going to end up with a bit of sloppiness.

Now obviously I dont think that will be a problem, after all its designed to fix any damaged holes and bring them back to 20mm, but I just thought I'd check.

And have a little rant about being forced to buy a way way overpriced chamfer tool, that in my mind should be included with the parf system jig in the first place, given it is an integral art of making a mft dog hole.

But its done now I suppose, and as well as the chamfer tool i need, Ive the reamer too which i might well need in the future. Just a bit silly of me not to take note of what Im buying and to read the title fully and not just the 'chamfer' bit :LOL:
And i suppose ive saved a fiver+ on not having to buy two separate tools.

Last edited:
I used a palm router and a mitre cutting bit to add a .5mm mitre to the tops of my MFT top (purchased from CNC designs). It was very quick, and did it very well.

fix any damaged holes and bring them back to 20mm
Your problem might be that some holes are already a tad loose and you cannot bring them back to a tighter size. I found when using the Parf system that by clamping the drill guide it produced tighter holes, this worked on all the holes round the edge where you could easily clamp but not ones in the middle. So my solution was, because I am also using the Matchfit system to make the dovetails for their clamps to run these dovetails in before drilling the 20mm holes because I could then clamp the drill guide even in the middle so you end up with tight holes. I have not chamfered any of my holes because I don't see the need to make extra work.

The reamer should be good. The tolerances in the UJK 20mm bits do vary some times (they may have sorted that by now though) but their reamer (I have their plain old reamer) does a grand job of unifying hole sizes to give a perfect fit with the UJK and Benchdogs dogs. Just go slow with the reamer.

Last edited:
Back