Not very super glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using a cheapo superglue that i get for £1 for three small bottles with good results but I decided to get the proper stuff and bought some of the gap filling Zap. Can I get it to stick? Like heck :x . I have left it for up to an hour and it still comes loose. My assumption is that I am doing something wrong. I am using it on bare wood and holding it together on the lathe using the tailstock. Any hints please?

Pete

The only ZAP glue I have used was a 2 part glue, one part liquid one part white crystals, put the crystals over the joint and drip the liquid on to it, get quite a reaction.

If you apply too much glue it can take a while to set.

What woods are you glueing, if they are very dry you may need an accelerator spray. Also not very good with oily wood unless cleaned with something like acetone.

JAson

jasonB":281g26lf said:
If you apply too much glue it can take a while to set.

What woods are you glueing, if they are very dry you may need an accelerator spray. Also not very good with oily wood unless cleaned with something like acetone.

JAson
My last attempt was an unknown wood finial to an iroko box lid. It could be too much glue combined with impatience. If it seems set testing by hand I guess that doen't mean set enough to turn....far more forces. I'll try with some other pieces and use less glue and more patience(aka time)

Thanks guys

Pete

Latest posts

Back