Not sure if ........

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I can't find out (without actually spending some time) ... I think it is the former rather than the latter but I can't find the thing which says it - it's at at this sort of level that an absence of a written constitution is a very serious (in my view) flaw in our 'evolutionary system' of governance where custom is law and vice versa.

Snopes is also a good checking site for when you receive an email like:
If you receive this email [The PM fell over, or some such thing] Do not open.
This is a trojan, This is a scam. Pass this to all your friends.

lots of spam is like this, It only serves to clog up peoples inbox.
I always check before forwarding anything to my contacts.

John. B

Jake":3qnpm99e said:
You can't actually be an MP if you have been convicted of an offence which carries a prison sentence*, so it's obvious rubbish in the UK. Don't know about the States.

presumably thats only true of the commons - it can't be true of the lords (lord archer for example).

Jenx":3vu9vl4u said:
Word for Word BSM ... bet thing ever to be on telly :wink:

yep some great lines in there.

I also particularly like "the greatest misjudgement since Nelson said "Lady Hamilton is a virgin , cut off my arm and poke out my eye if i'm wrong""

and also from goes fourth

Bob: " But I wanted to see how a war is fought, so badly"
Blackadder: " well you've come to the right place , a war hasnt been fought this badly since Olaf the hairy ordered 4000 horned helmets with the horns on the inside"

Yes - the recent scandal has raised suggestions that the Lords should adopt the same rules (in this respect as well as the general conduct standards).

Quite right too.

But then, of course.. a Peer is not elected to the Lords, more 'installed' be it by 'right' of birth, or 'old school tie' or whichever other means he happens to land within the upper house .

As an aside ... as if there wasn't enough buffoonery in the way government is structured.. some pillock decided a few years ago that us Jocks should have yet another tier of bureacracy based at Holyrood.
And That been a howling success :roll:

The principal is however 'sound' though Jake.. I agree ...
A criminal (custodial ) record maybe should preclude someone entering either house.

i think ?

Unless there's a good counter-argument ? :wink:

Back