Not sure if ........

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Established Member
Reaction score
Siorrachd Obar Dheathain , ALBA & Now Botesd
This is true or not .... but wouldn't fall over backwards with surprise if it was :p

This is unbelievable, but true!

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than
600 employees and has the following employee statistics .

29 have been accused of spouse abuse

7 have been arrested for fraud

9 have been accused of writing bad cheque's

17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3 have done time for assault

71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21 are currently defendants in lawsuits

84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year

Which organisation is this ?

It's the 635 members of the House of Commons, the same group that
cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of
us inline.

:shock: :shock: :p :p

Don't get sucked into this!!! This is not true, and has been attributed to virtually every parliament in the Western World. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet!!!

Mike

You're probably right Mike, the thing is though is that it seems plausible. That's how far they've collectively sunk in our estimations.

Isn't there a line in Brewster's Millions when Richard Pryor decides to enter the mayoral race, though with a null vote, where he asks why are these people spending millions of dollars on a campaign for a post that pays 100,000 dollars a year?

As I say... no idea as to whether there was any truth in it :) ...it got e-mailed to me.....

I guess that point is true... we can 'conceive' of such a scenario being true, which is a poor reflection on things and our 'faith' in whats there.

8)

Jenx":ycbez3ud said:
I guess that point is true... we can 'conceive' of such a scenario being true, which is a poor reflection on things and our 'faith' in whats there.

Try Snopes - helps to substitute Congress for Parliament.

I'd say the sad reflection is on us, not them.

Jenx":1a3q3m2w said:

reminds me of a bit in blackadder where he's getting baldrick to stand for parliment and they are filling out the application

Blackadder: Criminal record ?
Baldrick : Absolutely not !
Blackadder: for gods sake baldrick, you're going to be an MP... I'll just put fraud and sexual deviancy

You can't actually be an MP if you have been convicted of an offence which carries a prison sentence*, so it's obvious rubbish in the UK. Don't know about the States.

(*I think that's the criterion, rather than actually having been imprisoned, but it is not statute law and I don't have access to a copy of Erskine so its all a little opaque - which isn't good IMO but there you go.)

As a legal expert, and just out of interest .... would that mean " an offence which carries a (potential) prison sentence", or could it be 'got around' by "it may well carry a sentence, but in this case, you will be fined and / or prosecuted with a non-custodial sentence," thus getting around the 'procedure' ?

be interested to know how that would work ? :?:

Back