Noob introduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rd6743

Reaction score
Hello, just joined and figured polite thing to do is say hi!

Seven or eight months ago me ma gave me a Xmas list with a £5 bird box on it. So I decided instead of buying one I'd make one. So after three or four practice attempts that I gave away to people at work I eventually have two bird boxes and a simple bird table for the Xmas pressies. In total I must be into double figures for bird boxes and woodwork seems my latest hobby.

Recently / in process of finishing off a planter & screen and the upholstering bit of a footstool I've made. I'm at a very basic level and avoid power tools but am already an expert in producing sawdust, off cuts and mistakes! I'll be asking more questions than I answer.

I'll have a read up how to post piccies from photobucket and get some examples up.

Hi there and welcome

You don't need photobucket, you can upload them directly into the editing window. There is a sticky that explains the process, its not difficult but you must observe the size limit of 250k. Most phone cameras and regular cameras are 2-5 Mb to need to be shrunk before being used.

Welcome to the forum. I have only been here a short time, but everyone is very friendly and you can ask all the questions you have and someone will be answering you.

Good luck

Alex

Welcome.

When you find yourself rehearsing reasons why you should spend £100 on that plane, chisel or whatever tool you desire, in order to build an item that would cost much less than £100, then you'll know you have the 'bug' :D

Hi and Welcome.

I have learnt a huge amount from the experts since joining this forum - hopefully you will to.

John

Mike.S":16tx7dfl said:
Welcome.

When you find yourself rehearsing reasons why you should spend £100 on that plane, chisel or whatever tool you desire, in order to build an item that would cost much less than £100, then you'll know you have the 'bug' :D

Ah the joy of splitting up with the missus :mrgreen: I don't have to worry about that one any more :lol:

Mike.S":2pkb47wk said:
Welcome.

I've got another hobby that involves collecting and is surprising how much you can justifiably spend outside of reason.

On another note, some examples of stuff I've done so far... apologies for mobile phone quality pics and criticism welcome.

2014-05-05165442_zps047a815b.jpg
This frame is really handy for me especially since I don't really have a suitable vice.

2014-04-18201031_zps465d301a.jpg

2014-05-18215145_zpsf7feef6a.jpg

2014-05-13141452_zpsb7bdffce.jpg

2014-05-15192347_zps152962ab.jpg

2014-05-24202238_zpsd1dabcac.jpg

Back