Non foaming PU glues.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leverb01507

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of having used a pu glue that dies not foam at all? Just fed up with trying to clean up all the internal moulded corners of doors where the glue foams up out of the m+t and comes through the scribes, seem to waste a lot of time doing this. I tend to use pu instead of Pva type glues because you can see the squeeze out a lot easier so you don't tend to miss it and end up with it showing in your finish.
Thanks,
Ben.

Been there done that, I did consider trying to clean up the worst of the glue with some gorilla wipes but thought I might just smear PU all over the place. This is another big benefit of UF powder glue when assembling joinery, plenty of time to clean up the awkward areas and comes off easy with a damp rag.

I love this pu glue and do have similar experiences with foaming.
This is obviously excess glue but when using with M&T joints it's really difficult not to see it foaming away!
I've managed to get used making a tidier job on edge joining by a using a smaller amount and spreading with a clean offcut, but I accept the extra cleaning up as part of an otherwise excellent product, cos it really sticks, and quickly, too!
But I guess if using it frequently, this is just another unwelcome chore.
Regards Rodders

Thanks for the replies, the glue in the link is one of the ones I usually use, either that or the woodcare brand. The few times I've used gorilla glue it seems to foam like crazy, so did the elmers and hippo. Might go back to cascamite for profiled doors and just use the pu for shaker doors, where its easy to clean up. The everbuild 30 min doesn't seem to foam much compared to the 5 min, but it means a longer wait to get stuff our of clamp. Might try the titebond pu, as I haven't given it a go yet.

Cheers,
Ben

Back