No7 up for critique!! - Now with more pics!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well what a deal of work went into polishing that cast iron and brass. Fantastic stuff, love the look of that and will be trying to do the same on a Record no6 I'm restoring at the moment. The only things I don't like are the handles and the paint. The handles for not to my taste i'm afraid totally detracts from the loveliness of the plane, much prefer solid rosewood or mahogany. The paint looks to thin to me and I hate the matt finish. Stanleys and Record had a nice thick coating of gloss japanning or Enamel paint which I love the look of and use that sort of finish on my planes. I agree the best thing to do to improve the usability of such a plane is to replace the blade and chip breaker, I always do so on my Records and Stanley's. I'm sure loads of people love the total package and I give great credit to you for such a huge amount of fine work, this is just my personal opinion, no offence intended. :oops:

yetloh":22xyq54c said:
jimi43":22xyq54c said:
[

The postage is cheaper to Kent - ALF! 8)

Jim

How many more do you need! :lol: :lol:

Jim

I'm opening a Clifton orphanage Jim!

I figure...start with the lost and bewildered cap irons...whose owners show no love, and maybe one day someone will fall out of love with their No.7.....

Is is coz I'z green! :mrgreen:

Jim

Back