Nine-leg outdoor dining set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross K

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's another use of the faithful Domino, using home made oak dominoes.

Just delivered today to a happy customer who wanted something a bit wacky on their patio. Inspired by a combination of Freddie Flintstone and Mickey Mouse!!

26258_1108361167108_1769205833_194087_4379686_n.jpg

26258_1108361127107_1769205833_194086_5550652_n.jpg

WOW, Ross I REALLY like those chairs!!! I'm tempted to make a mini one for daughter. They look simple to make. Where are the domino joints? Throughout? The legs look like they are a standard round tenon?

They look great :)

Very hard to get a sense of scale from the pictures. They do look like a kids size set but could be adult size? great fun anyway :)

Thanks for the positive comments, chaps.

They're full size. Chairs are 450mm seat height, table 700mm high and 1100mm long. The table top is 50mm thick and the seat bases and backs are 45mm. Put it this way, it will stand up to some fairly strong winds!

Dominoes are used to join all the components together except obviously the round tenons at the tops of the legs and bases of backrests. Two rows are used to join the seat base components.

Ross they are really nice mate.
I think you have a great aesthetic, all the stuff i have seen that you've made has been lovely.

I really like these, Ross, very nice work. I guess you even got to have a little fun shaping the legs with a spokeshave! :D

OPJ":2sbluinh said:
I really like these, Ross, very nice work. I guess you even got to have a little fun shaping the legs with a spokeshave! :D

Thanks mate. Yes, I had fun with my draw knife and spoke shaves. It's not exactly cabinet making but it's a fun diversion from the usual highly accurate stuff and you can make a nice income per hour* on pieces like this.

* Especially with the Domino machine!

Latest posts

Back