nice one david

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Chris Rea and now a familiarity with Barbara Cartland, yer lordship? I'm starting to worry about you... :shock: :lol:

Alf":1fgu5q95 said:
First Chris Rea and now a familiarity with Barbara Cartland, yer lordship? I'm starting to worry about you... :shock: :lol:

Never read anything in my life by the pink dragon :lol: it's all down to google :lol:

I once saw Barbara Cartland in Bond Street getting out of her pink Rolls Royce and wearing an enormous pink dress - she looked a bit like a not very nice wedding cake :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul Chapman":2efqf68v said:
I once saw Barbara Cartland in Bond Street getting out of her pink Rolls Royce and wearing an enormous pink dress - she looked a bit like a not very nice wedding cake :lol:

Paul

She's made a mint out of this woodworky stuff then :lol: .... hope for us all with Dom's proposition......Green turbo Benters for me, methinks :whistle: :lol: - Rob

I'm thinking of getting the "Lie-Nielsen" Bronze Bentley special edition........ :roll: :lol:
Well, maybe not!
Philly :lol:

The only way I can see of making an income from writing is to write best sellers, like Barbra Cartland! Not expecting this any time soon.....

"It was a dark and stormy night ... A bearded figure was silhouetted against the workshop door, a bloody knife clenched in his right hand ...."

Over to you David ...

Regards from Perth

Derek

Alf":3f9c8gqu said:
Can you get 8 foot boards in a Bentley...? :-k
Alf, you should of course realize that once one has reached the dizzy heights of ownership of a Brtish Racing Green Turbo Bentley, one would have one's man take care of the menial tasks of transporting such uncommon items as lumps of wood :lol: - Rob

Alf":fuib3ivq said:
All right; can one's man get 8ft boards in a Bentley? :lol:

And while he's about it, one's man might as well do the woodworking as well, which will save a whole lot of hassle :lol:

Paul

...an odd choice of weapon, the green handle indicated that it was a Barnsley clicker's knife fashioned in an unusual manner.

A single anglepoise bench light cast eerie shadows round the Tormek and the sharpening station. As our heroic detective peered through the upper glass pane of the stable door, she became aware of three twisted shapes lying on the floor. Her flashlight confirmed that these were the mutilated bodies of three students who had failed to return to their digs for supper.

Oh dear, was it possible, had someone forgotten to lower the waterbath after use? .........

and then a slight metallic glint caught her eye... what's this... a small clump of metallic particles, in the water tray... there is something in the center of it... we must get in there to investigate!

edited to say: I guess that should read "centre" around here -- sorry about that! ;)

Alf":2f7lqem2 said:
Can you get 8 foot boards in a Bentley...? :-k
Hum, thats my question, maybe I could charge royalties on it, but I don't think there is enough it for a Bentley. :(

Back to the original topic - A thank you from me to David C, the books are great.

A big 'no thanks' to David C for my expensive and growing collection of LN's. I've been busy fettling my stanley planes to try and match the quality (fettling is worth the effort). I thought I would try and save some money by buying a stanley shoulder plane recently, but I've just been shaking my head every time I look at it.

I can also say a big 'no thanks' to Homebase for selling me an own brand belt sander which exploded after sanding about 5 square metres of flooring, which makes me think that only DeWalt/Metabo/Makita etc. will do.

Back to one of the spin-off topics - I once got an 8 * 4 sheet in a convertible Audi TT. I cut it in half lengthways and put an 8*2 bit behind each driver seat and drove very slowly. I don't have to worry about these things any more as a baby prompted me to sell my lovely car and buy a nice sensible people carrier!

David
p.s. I justify buying Lie Nielsen tools as they will be 'Heirlooms' as it says on the back, it's worryingly the same argument that my wife uses for buying jewelry

Tierney":8l8rovc9 said:
p.s. I justify buying Lie Nielsen tools as they will be 'Heirlooms' as it says on the back, it's worryingly the same argument that my wife uses for buying jewelry

That's an argument you can win; the resale percentage of LN tools is around the 80% mark (which is remarkable).

The resale percentage for jewelry is (ahem) dramatically lower.

"Investment Grade Jewellery" is a lie, I'm afraid.

BugBear

Latest posts

Back