UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think (and I'm sure someone will be along to confirm / contradict) that (edit - I tried to add the images but it's not having it so I have referenced by number counting from the top left and running left to right):

Is a drill chuck to go into your tail stock to allow you to (surprise surprise) drill holes to provide a depth check

These are jaws to hold work:
3 and 10

This is a ring your screw onto the work piece and then grip in the jaws - saves having to cut a recess:

This is the chuck that holds them:

This is a face plate that screws directly to the work and attaches to the screw on the driving end of the lathe in place of the chuck.

This looks like a screw which you use by drilling a smaller hole in the work piece and then screw in the pointy bit and then attach to the lathe in same way as the face plate - using screws around the edge as for the face plate can be a good idea

I think these are drive centres - the one with wide "teeth" goes at the driving end and the pointy one at the tail stock. The tail stock one comes in two flavours: Live centre - has a bearing in which rotates with the wood minimising the marking at that end and "dead" which oddly does not - this leaves a ring of compressed material which can go down about 4-6mm. Not sure why anyone uses these but that's my ignorance!
2 and 7

The following fall into the "God knows" category!
4 and 12

Hope that helps :)

Miles

Rob no.12 is a pin chuck and no.4 is a chuck body.

It might be best to have a look at Craft Supplies UK and do a search for their PCC chuck, because it looks to me as though you've got variuos bits of it in your pics.

HTH

Steve :)

i couldnt figure a way to make all your thumbnails show together so ive taken a screenshot and rehosted it, note that this is now one image so yount be able to click to enlarge.

Welcome to the forum

Pictures 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 & 12 are all parts of the record RP3000 chuck.

john

Hi Rob,
Welcome to the forum. I said in my reply to your pm that these people were friendly & helpful didn't I? Hope you're more in the know now, it's a bit bewildering at first when you see all these strange bits & pieces but it all becomes clear once you are shown & get into using them

cheers, sliver :)

Back