Newbie questions.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'A place for everything and everything in it's place' This is often quoted as the motto of the American Shakers who were obsessional about neatness. I put everything into boxes and know that I will find the box when needed. Of course that means building shelves to store the boxes.........😲

1. Tidy bench at end of play - even if you're just going in for lunch.
2. Make sure your popular tools are 'within reach'.

Or suffer the mess
When I did my woodwork course (C&G TOPS) we had to clear up 100% at the end of every day - everything tidied, swept clean and or put back in its proper place.
I'm rubbish at doing it myself but when I do manage it it's very liberating to step into a perfectly tidy workshop first thing in the morning, instead of having to search for everything for an hour or so - sometimes having to give up on the search.

I have taken to clearing up every time I leave my shed, since I had to help sort out the workshop for a friend's widow. There were so many bits and pieces he was unable to come and finish or put away but until the end he expected to be able to.

Someone who is a newcomer to a subject.

I've done woodwork for many years but mainly stuff around the garden, fitting kitchens, but during lockdown esp 2nd I have sought to improve my woodworking.

Cheers James

Latest posts

Back