New xcalibur table saw range

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bills Elm

Established Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with a chap named Roy "for anyone who doesn't know him" he's the guy who runs woodford tooling who sell the xcalibur range of table saws.

I was inquiring about buying one of the 10" saws when he told me that the new much improved and updated range should be out by the end of the month.

He emailed me a copy of the new brochure, which I don't think is available yet online so If anyone would like a copy PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

The saws look absolutely awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Bill

If, as I believe is the case, the new ones are the same as the old but will all the niggles removed, he should have a winner on his hands. I have one of the older ones and it is built like a tank. All the power I have ever needed and an excellent fence.

The switch is in a damnfool place and the blade tilts towards the fence, but everything else is PDG.

IIUIC the new model has the switch on the left and the blade tilts away from the fence. So basically, what more could you want?
S

Steve Maskery":1wt5k4xd said:
the new model has the switch on the left and the blade tilts away from the fence. So basically, what more could you want?
S

Just the delivery lorry at my door lol

Bill

Thanks for the brochure, some great looking bits of kit. I like the integrated router table and little sliding table, and they even give you the option of a ten nooning jig and (whisper it) a dado set.
If they keep their prices vaguely the same, they're a real alternative to something green and second hand!

Heath Robinson":3jl55tp1 said:
they even give you the option of a ten nooning jig and (whisper it) a dado set.

Well yes, but.
The tenoning jig is the basic Delta design, with all its flaws, and the dado set requires bespoke guarding, after which it is useable in a way that satisfies the HSE. Although I've never seen it used that way on YouTube.
S

Heath Robinson":2uqkxuy4 said:
If they keep their prices vaguely the same, they're a real alternative to something green and second hand!

I heard a whisper that they will be more expensive but I have to say they do look class just hope the price ain't to "class"
or we'll all be going for something second hand, old, cast iron and green lol

Hello, i'm new to this forum, so sadly i can't send PM's yet. I have considered buying the Xcalibur saw, as it suits my needs perfectly. Is there another way of archieving a copy of the brochure?

Anders K":ndstk8r8 said:
Hello, i'm new to this forum, so sadly i can't send PM's yet. I have considered buying the Xcalibur saw, as it suits my needs perfectly. Is there another way of archieving a copy of the brochure?
That is easy, just reply to another 2 threads :)

carlb40":10o4zawc said:
Anders K":10o4zawc said:

I see, will look for some threads to spam.... :p Thank you

Anders K":33wdlljv said:
carlb40":33wdlljv said:
Anders K":33wdlljv said:

I see, will look for some threads to spam.... :p Thank you

Well you seem to have sent one to me...

Listen guys anyone new who wants a copy of the brochure make sure you give me your email address when you pm me or you won't get the brochure sorry but i'm not telepathic!

I don't mind sending you the brochure but a little help eh! lol

Bill

Bill do you or does any one else know what kind of prices the saws are going for the HPS 1300 and HPS 1600 look good for me ???

Roger

RogerBoyle":3v2cd566 said:
Bill do you or does any one else know what kind of prices the saws are going for the HPS 1300 and HPS 1600 look good for me ???

Roger
I dunno Roger!

You should give Roy a ring at Woodford toooling and he'll be able to tell you prices there are two websites now and the new one has a short video .... new website is http://***********************/ and the old website is http://www.woodfordwm.co.uk/
tel: 01614395683

I think you still have to ring to request a brochure in hard copy or anyone can still pm me if they want me to email it to them.

Bill

I've filled the online form thing and sent them an E mail
about the HPS 1300 and HPS 1600 as I may have to upgrade my saw in the very near future
to one with the pre score unit fitted but i do not have the room or need for anything bigger than the 1600

Roger

Latest posts

Back