New Workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyall

Established Member
Reaction score
It may not be made of solid beech or been crafted with a Lie Nielsen plane but I think it it a vast improvement on the old door on trestles I have been using for the last 3 years :D
photo3.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 182
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 182
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 182
That looks cracking.
Hope there will be no tears when you put a "dink" in it - as if you're anything like me you wil.

Very nice ! only I would have put a tail vice on, not a double front vice and yes I've already put a few dings in my new one [-( [-X ](*,)

I did ponder for a while where to fit the vices and looked at so many different benches and variations but ended up putting the vices where I do most of my work and thinking about the holding problems I have had in the past. Plan is to put some dog holes/steadfasts in at some point but again I am going to use the bench and see where I need them.

The top is 80mm thick. The door which I used was an old solid core type which was extremely solid and heavy. I put an 18mm MDF sheet on top glued and clamped it on. I then added hardwood edging all round and sealed it all up with a few coats of shellac followed by two coats of varnish. First attempt at building a bench so I'll see how it fares but it has turned out to be a very solid bench.

Latest posts

Back