New Woodworking Job Opportunity!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok Guys here is a possible opportunity for a new career!

A personal friend of mine is Allan Woodings at SIP Industrial Products Ltd and during a phone call earlier today he asked whether I knew anyone who might fit a new role they are hoping to fill.

Basically the woodworking range of equipment is in the process of being fully redesigned and will be launched over the next few months - A lot of it looks pretty impressive!

What Allan is looking for is a designated Woodworking Salesman to promote this equipment to potential dealers for the length and breadth of the country with a generous salary package and full expenses. This is a full time role and ideally Allan is looking for a really dynamic individual with a passion for woodwork and previous sales experience essential, to help develop and promote their woodworking range of equipment. Full training will be given and I know Allan was talking about the successful candidate being actively involved with the ongoing development of machines both in this country and in China etc.

The job will start ideally 1st February and they havn't advertised the position yet so here is a chance to get your foot in the door first if you are interested.

If you are interested contact Allan on (01509) 500358 or email him with your details/cv to [email protected]

Good Luck

Rog

goldeneyedmonkey":37roork8 said:
What a great opportunity, well played Dodge. Are you going to ask for a finders fee? :D _Dan.

No Dan, basically Allan offered me the job but not for me but thought I would offer it up to the forum to help someone if I can.

I know that SIP are very good employers and look after their staff very well.

Anyway hopefully someone out there will want this opportunity.

Rog

If I wasn't about to start my own business I'd jump at the chance, sounds like a belting job to me, especially if you're interested in our line of work and tools/ equipment. _Dan.

Sounds like a great opportunity for someone (I bet they offer a good staff discount off their own tools, as well! ;-)). If I was a lot closer to Derbyshire, I'd consider it. There's bound to be someone in the right area looking for a career change or similar.

goldeneyedmonkey":zz0u6ihb said:
Dodge/ Rog doesn't say anything about Derbyshire, has someone got their wires crossed, or do you lot know something I don't? Just checking. _Dan.

I dont think where you live would matter - Obviously the candidate would need to spend some time at the SIP HQ at Shepshed near Loughborough but he offered me the job and I live in Norfolk!

One thing I do know is that the individual who gets the job will end up with a van containing loads of SIP Woodworking gear to demo and it would obviously need using so that you are good at demonstrating it at the shows etc - Basically a free workshop set up and being paid to use it!.

Have a look at their website and the Mammoth sale - alot of the new products are already posted on there.

Has anyone contacted Allan??

Rog

this is a job i would love, will phone Allen on Monday morning for a chat maybe just maybe i might get lucky seen as the company i subby to laid everybody off yesterday

You lot are right about travelling an staying away from home. It's not good. I was working and staying away for about a month last year. Although the working away was great as I was my own boss on site and the free hotel, free breakfast, free dinner and free drinks were great..... It wasn't the best only coming home at weekends and so I'd never want to work away from home again if I can help it.

I have never worked inside since the age of 22, and lived for over 30 years on the road, some years away from home upto 18 weeks a year (Mon. to Friday)

Been married 55 years (married at 18)

Wonderful life and never mixed my whatsit with business.

Used to go back to work on a Monday for a rest. :mrgreen:

Wonderful opportunity for someone.

Go for it.

It isn't the Derbyshire bit - it's the travelling the length and breadth of the country that would get me down.[/quote]

I totally agree with yours and the other comments on this. Spending all that time away from home and your workshop... With all the driving as well, you could easily end up 'working' twelve-hours a day, if not more. At least the content of what's been sold is of interest to us, though. That's one of the things that put me off from going in to shopfitting - always working away and barely enough time to sleep with the never-ending work patterns. I've known people who used to work fourteen or sixteen hours a day, up and down the country... Crazy!

I imagine this job's going to be a little different, though... :)

So, who's going to be the first woodworker to book the successful candidate in for a visit and full demonstration at their workshop??? :-D

I hope this works out for whoever gets\takes the job.

OPJ":3jmr47o9 said:
I've known people who used to work fourteen or sixteen hours a day, up and down the country... Crazy!

It's always odd - they (Gaffers) want you there at 09:00 but it's a 2-3 hr drive and you have to stay there all day and then a 2-3 hr drive back. Once you work out the true hourly rate - I suspect in some jobs you'd be better off working in Tesco's and doing overtime. :roll:

Now I wonder if it was a role doing demos up and down the country with a certain make of black & green power tools - how long would the line be? :mrgreen:

Dibs

Latest posts

Back