Workshop Heaven News

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I received an email from Mathew at Workshop Heaven and for those who don't subscribe I've pasted the email below. You can get to the web site directly by clicking HERE

-----------------------------------------

A big Thank You to all of the people from UKWorkshop, Get Woodworking, and The Woodworkers Institute who put forward suggestions for our expansion programme. The first changes are already in place with plenty more in the pipeline. We have moved the website to a much faster server based in London, so the pages now load much more quickly. We have also tidied up the categories on the site and introduced a new 'shop by brand' section which makes it easier to view the ranges available from each supplier.

Here are some of our new products

C.I. Fall Chisels
C.I. Fall are a family firm from the old Swedish toolmaking town of Eskilstuna, they have been making chisels for over 110 years. Unlike most chisels in this price range, they are batch hardened, which enables them to achieve RC60 to within 1 degree on the Rockwell C scale (as opposed to the spread of about 8 degrees that you get with continuous production).This combined with very high quality Swedish steel results in a superb blade. Look out for reviews and tests in F&C and an opportunity to try them out on UKWorkshop.

Fujikawa Chisels
Master Fujikawa's business rests on two simple principles: using the very best materials available and a commitment to the full traditional process of apprenticeship. He now has 10 time-served employees and three apprentices learning the ropes.We are carrying their professional, standard and new HSS ranges.

Bessey Clamps
Beautifully accurate and perfectly parallel, even at maximum pressure, so your joints always come together square and true on the first attempt. Quality like this is always worth the investment, as they will invariably be the first clamps that you reach for. To help you down 'the slope' we have a selection of special offers available.

3M PSA Backed Lapping Film
We have expanded our range of 3M lapping films to include grades with pressure sensitive adhesive backing. They use a heavy duty version of the adhesive used on post it notes, which makes the Scary Sharp system even cleaner and easier to use.

EPS Bandsaw Blades
Edwards Precision Saw Services are best known for making large sawmill blades, but they also manufacture superb quality narrow blades in carbon steel and M42. These blades are now available to the public exclusively through Workshop Heaven. I have been running one of their 1/2 inch 3tpi M42 blades on my machine for six weeks now and it is awesome: clean, straight, easy cuts to the full depth of the machine in everything from walnut to super-hard exotics.

Joint Genie Dowelling Jigs
Developed and manufactured in the UK by Aerospace Engineer Peter Quinn, Joint Genie is a beautifully simple, well thought through, precision engineered tool that makes all aspects of dowel joinery fast and accurate. Can also be used to accurately position runs of holes for shelf supports with pinpoint accuracy.

Restore Rust Remover Gel
Shield Technology have now developed a gelled version of their best selling Restore rust remover that can be applied directly to surfaces. Ideal for treating corroded items that cannot practically be immersed in a dipping tank, it works in minutes and like the original is pH neutral and fully biodegradable.

We will continue adding more fantastic new product lines over the coming months and if anyone has other suggestions or recommendations I'd love to hear from you.

All the best,

Matthew

P.S. I'm having a bit of a sort out, so there will be lots of bargains coming up over the next couple of weeks in the specials section.

You got some good deals going Mathew especially on the bessey Duo clamps :lol: If I can get permission off swmbo I'll be ordering :lol:

Lord Nibbo":20tmt19m said:
I received an email from Mathew at Workshop Heaven and for those who don't subscribe I've pasted the email below. You can get to the web site directly by clicking HERE

-----------------------------------------

C.I. Fall Chisels
C.I. Fall are a family firm from the old Swedish toolmaking town of Eskilstuna, they have been making chisels for over 110 years. Unlike most chisels in this price range, they are batch hardened, which enables them to achieve RC60 to within 1 degree on the Rockwell C scale (as opposed to the spread of about 8 degrees that you get with continuous production).This combined with very high quality Swedish steel results in a superb blade. Look out for reviews and tests in F&C and an opportunity to try them out on UKWorkshop.
Matthew sent me a couple of these chisels which I'll be taking to West Dean for anyone to have a play with (they'll probably be deposited on the Phillybench) - Rob

Back