New Woodturning show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry Smart (Chestnut Finishes) has mentioned it a couple of times since the show was first muted.

Why are these things as far away from London as humanly possible? :roll: :lol:

I have gone from living close to Yandles to living where there are more craftsmen per square metre than anywhere else in the country. But not, as far as I know, a single decent woodstore and no wood shows. Doesn't make sense.

If anyone knows different let me know please.

Pete

Pete, I'm in the same situation over here,I.m surronded by timber mills and turning clubs and apart from our monthly gettogether of our club not a show where you could see or buy a tool. The nearst to me would be 100mls either way.
Glenn Lucas is making an effort to bring world renowened turners to the midlands where we mostly are he has Richard Raffen in a couple of months and Mike O'Mahony next year and he's hoping to get our own top turners when they are available. Some Chapters or clubs will have booked someone well known for their annual day and there may be a few spots for non members,but is usually in the following months magazine that it comes to your notice.
The IWG in their Mag. are always asking Chapters to post events that there having but because venues are small it's more than likly that it's word of mouth advertising otherwise they would have too many.
We have an annual symposium every year which by all accounts is one of the best there is with turners like Mark Hancock and Tony Wilson and Cindy Drozda,Mark Baker,J F Escoulen,Liam O'Neill,Phil Irons, to name just a few demonsterating and I have booked already although its not untill OCT.
Pete I will post you on a copy of IWG mag. which is the one with the details of last years seminar you will find it intersting. REgards Boysie.

You going up to ARMAGH Eugene ?

I'll see you there !

Are you in that new Dolmen Chaper ? - any photos of you in the latest journal ? - I managed to hide quite well in our chapter photo !

Laurence

Have to say that the website isn't very inspiring virtually no exhibitors listed and no real attractions that would tempt anyone with an interest in woodturning. Sad to that a couple of other wood shows I know of have been cancelled - Chopwell in the North East and Powis Castle in Mid Wales so it is important to that events like this in Lincolnshire succeeds. I can thouroughly reccommend the Westonbirt Festival of the Tree near Tetbury in Gloucestershire which is on 28th - 31st of August. You will see the best and most varied gathering of wood turners, wood artisans and woodwoorkers of all description there and held in Britains finest arboretum.
Hope the Lincs Shows goes well and the weather is good.

Soulfly wrote
I can thouroughly reccommend the Westonbirt Festival of the Tree near Tetbury in Gloucestershire which is on 28th - 31st of August.
Yes i would agree with you having been the last two years,though last year was a lot quieter than the year before,but still a realy good show.
Will you be attending this year SF and making yourself known,or perhaps you will be exhibiting your work :?:

LOZ, I'm second on the right with pain etched all over my face, I had to leave then wasent able to go out for second half. An other meeting last Sat. but could not make it , Just got word today that April 28th is the big day and am I looking fwd. to going into Hospital.
Saw picture of your chapter and was wondering which was you? REgards Boysie

Back