New to the Forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Streeting

Established Member
Reaction score
Having lurked for a week and read many of the threads, I would like to pay compliments to the Forum. I have learned much from here already and find it a useful place for information.
Below are a few examples of my work. I am aware it will not be to most peoples taste but feel free to comment.
I am currrently working on a body of work around a theme using experimental techniques and mixed media. If there is an interest I may post examples of my progress from time to time.
Philip

Greetings from/to another newbie Suffolk member!

Couldn't view your pictures but they might have fallen in the 'spam trap'?

Your experimental work sounds interesting, keep us posted.

Neil.

Welcome to the forum Philip, something not quite right about the links but no doubt it will get sorted, my machine is just requesting permission to open the above links as a security check.

Always ready to see examples of the work of others, especially stuff of such a high standard even if not a personal preferred style, as techniques and method of working are always interesting.

Edit:duplicates of pictures removed

Welcome to the forum Phillip.

unfortunately I don't seem to be able to see those links at all?

I'm sure it'll work out. Look forward to seeing it in the future.

Dave

I'm using a Picassa Album linked to my Blog. I've changed settings so I hope the pics are now viewable. If they are not could you please let me know and I will create a different web album.
Thanks
Philip

Philip Streeting":1ott2o3a said:
I'm using a Picassa Album linked to my Blog. I've changed settings so I hope the pics are now viewable. If they are not could you please let me know and I will create a different web album.
Thanks
Philip

Sorry Phillip - still not working for me :oops:

rockbowl1.jpg

bowl3.jpg

bowl2.jpg

rockbowl2.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

DSCF0356.jpg

bowltext2.jpg

bowlfin1.jpg

bowlfin2.jpg

bowlfin4.jpg

Here's a piece I turned yesterday - a component for a larger piece.
It was turned using an eccentric chuck, carved, scorched, wire brushed and stained. It is based on the rear of a female form. It is approx. 2.5" high. Eucalyptus burl.

comp1.jpg

comp1a.jpg

Phillip,

Thanks for sorting this out - I wouldn't have wanted to miss it!

These pieces are amazing - is there any chance of seeing work in progress so that we can get an idea how you put these pieces togther?

Thanks

Dave

Phillip, You had a bit of trouble with the posting I'm glad to see thats sorted . By all accounts the work is top class I dont think I'm qualified to pass comment ,I'm still at the small bowls and goblet stage.
I seem to be having this problem again of getting the post in the frame without having to move from side to side, I think it takes from the subjects and gives me a pain in the A##e I have viewed other forums but it only seems to happen on here. Can this be sorted or do I just not click here, that would break me heart as this is where it all began for me .
Sorry for interrupting your post Phillip its not ment to take awat from your lovely work . REgards Boysie.

boysie39":199pcfjl said:
... I seem to be having this problem again of getting the post in the frame without having to move from side to side, I think it takes from the subjects .... ...

It is down to the size of the bowl3.jpg image, the explorer window opens up to accomodate its width.

boysie39":1a8on39m said:
Phillip, You had a bit of trouble with the posting I'm glad to see thats sorted . By all accounts the work is top class I dont think I'm qualified to pass comment ,I'm still at the small bowls and goblet stage.
I seem to be having this problem again of getting the post in the frame without having to move from side to side, I think it takes from the subjects and gives me a pain in the A##e I have viewed other forums but it only seems to happen on here. Can this be sorted or do I just not click here, that would break me heart as this is where it all began for me .
Sorry for interrupting your post Phillip its not ment to take awat from your lovely work . REgards Boysie.

It only happens to me when a picture is too big to fit in the frame Boysie? how wide is your screen?

Hi Boysie,
You can tell from my efforts to get pics on here my expertise with these matters is somewhat limited but it sounds as if you may have either a browser setting or monitor problem e.g. momitor too small possibly, so you can't see the whole page.

Perhaps someone else here could help?

Whatever you do - don't give up visiting here, it seems you have enjoyed it so far, it would be a shame if a minor annoyance spoils things for you.

Remember we all started with small bowls etc! and regardless of the stage of woodturning you are at, you still are entitled to have an opinion about your likes and dislikes in what you see.

Best wishes

Philip

Philip it is down to the oversize image of bowl3.jpg, anything much larger than 640 X 480 pixels is too big for members with anything less than a 17" monitor set to 1024 X 768 pixels.

There are some picture size comparisons HERE

Hi Phil, and welcome to the forum. A few of us had a discussion on posts going off screen not that long ago. Caused by oversize photos, or over-long web addresses in a post.

IMO I think it is better if anyone posting photos uses a thumbnail in the post. 1/ It doesn't cause the screen to expand. 2/ The whole post subject downloads that much quicker, then if people want to see the bigger pic. all they need to do is click.

Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs, but if using Photobucket there is a thumbnail process purely for forum posting.

PS - Some amazing forms and work you have there.

I'm quite happy to be taught to suck eggs!!! Thanks for the info will keep pictures smaller and use the thumbnail link.

Here is today's effort to put it into practice. An eccentric turned solid form, partially hollowed from the side and filled with drop cast pewter beads/nuggets. 2" high, African hardwood - uknown.

Hope I've got it right - should be thumbnail!

Latest posts

Back