New Project...the DOG and MITRE!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello again...

Today I received a beautiful piece of steel in the post...which is the missing bit I wanted to get to put with all the others I have been collecting over the months to enable me to start on my new winter project. (I'm not saying WHICH winter though! :mrgreen: )

So to show it off...I asked ALFIE to help again...

20140918_150804.jpg

ALFIE is currently looking out for any Knights Templar who may be lurking in the street...even though I keep telling him it is not THAT Damascus...but he's only three! :mrgreen:

20140918_140529.jpg

And I shan't be making a sword with it either...but the title and the shot below...

20140918_150720.jpg

...should give those of you who have been watching carefully...an idea of what the resulting tool will be!

I'm itching to get on with this and also to pick up on something that RichardT was planning...the incorporation of a plane iron mark into the design.

I think it only fitting that this should be attempted...and I have a number of candidates which would be superb for the role!

More to come...unless we get any clear cold nights and a few galaxies might interfere but we shall see...the British weather being what it is...I think this project has legs!

Cheers...

Jimi and ALFIE!

Yes... I shall definitely be watching this one with interest!
You've set the standard very high with your others - it will be especially interesting to see this one from start to finish.
So Boo! Hiss! to astronomy and don't forget that your daughter wants a step-chair as well!

Oooooo tasty bit of steel.

I have a few things planed my self, but I have knackered my thumb I can grip any thing, so no motor bike, no gym, no plane making. :cry:

I am booked in to the quacks, but its still another week to go!

Pete

Hail to the Chief (39th).

I love a Jimi thread, great photography and great skill.

How thick is your Sorby brass tenon saw ? (shame its a kangaroo not Mr Punch).

I've got a few Robert Sorby irons if you want to carry on the inferior Kangaroo theme :wink:

I'm glad your ready Jimi, I look forwards to the construction of this but we both know you need a Norris iron.
We all know you, as most of us have a passion for mitre planes :)
BPM Jimi is on his way, when your famous jim don't forget your Bournemouth friends ;)
Keep it comming.
I'm marginally disappointed it's not a skewed mitre tho ;)
Thank
TT

Back