New printer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
Help, my daughter has asked me for advise as she is after a new printer.
Price about £100.
WiFi, a screen that you can see your picture on the printer from a memory card.
But most of all good photo printing.
I have just brought a Epson SX445W printer for £60 from Staples that touch wood is good for me but what are you pleased with?
I have untill 2pm to find out. Reg

I just bought an EpsonSX535W for 65 quid from PC World. Early days, but it's pretty good. Particularly like the fact that I can print on both sides of a piece of paper automatically.

I do not like Epson's, yes they print very well but if they are left for a while the inkjet heads get clogged. Changing the ink cartidges does not change the heads. Once they are blocked there is no way you will get them working again, i have tried beleive me.

HP on the other hand does change the heads. I have had an HP all-in-one printer for more that six years, it has given no trouble what so ever. Prints are clear and sharp, the scanning is excellent as is the photo copying. For around £70 i paid for it new from Tescoe i have had a trouble free time. My model is a C5280.

Not all HP printers have that wonder where you have to buy new heads with a new cart.

I have a Photosmart D5460 and the carts are very expensive and I have just got a CISS system Continous Ink Supply System. It replaces the carts with carts that are connected to 100ml tanks that sit just outside the printer. I hope that I have now kicked the idea into touch of buying OTT priced carts again while we have this printer. I have never had any with the print heads blocking either with the original cartridges or with the CISS kit.

Back