New pieces

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braveheart

Established Member
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well I managed to get a few hours to complete 2 pieces . All comments welcome.
20092009008.jpg

this is a piece of silver birch that I found when out for a walk 6 inches high and approx 5 inches in diam.
20092009019.jpg

20092009017.jpg

small burr bowl approx 4 inches by 4 inches

Absolutley super bowls very well turned and lovely form. The top one is fantastic wonderful spalting. IMO you got the best out of them. REgards Boysie

Both very nice looking pieces :D That piece of spalted birch was a good find 8) but out of the two I like the look of the little burr bowl. Good work :D

JT

Nice shape and if the birch ws anything like the stuff I have found you've done really well to get a good finish on it. Like turning cork. Lovely work.

Pete

Great to see some attractive Birch for a change, as Pete said not the easiest to work, like turning cotton wool at times and not often as spectacularly spalted as that piece, most around here just seems to pick up a dirty grey mould that stains the whole wood.
The Burr is very attractive in colour and proportions.

Very nice .

The birch is wonderful looking wood, not sure about the shape though, just doesn't jump out at me.

The Burr i just wanna hold ! - looks so warm...........

Loz

Back