New old bandsaw arrived

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vikash

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a bandsaw given to me today. It's a Dewalt and about 7 years old, but on the plus side it was free. I was about to lay out some cash to get an entry level Record, but at this price I've got to consider the DeWalt.

The first issue is the motor needs a helping hand to get started i.e. switch it on and it makes a noise, but only by helping it spin by hand will it actually go. I've taken the motor out onto my workbench and tried to dismantle it a bit but can't get the face part off. I could do with some help here.

photo-19-3.jpg

photo-19-2.jpg

photo-19.jpg

Had you noticed it doesn't have a table? :lol:

Sounds like classic case of failed start capacitor, but don't know that particular motor and can't see the usual bulge to accommodate a capacitor on it. Maybe have a look at the Miles Tool and Machinery site for their exploded diagram?

Pulled the cap which sits behind the switch rather than on the motor on this saw.

2014-11-18%252021.14.26.jpg

Well at least it will be a cheap fix.

The table can be seen in the background of the last pic in the first post ;) There's no fence though.

dickm":15sbx38e said:
Had you noticed it doesn't have a table? :lol:

Sounds like classic case of failed start capacitor, but don't know that particular motor and can't see the usual bulge to accommodate a capacitor on it. Maybe have a look at the Miles Tool and Machinery site for their exploded diagram?

The table is sitting on the worktop in the second phto.

Back