New miniatures - comments welcome

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jensmith

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made a couple of new miniatures this week that are completely different to what I've done before. Since they are woodworking I thought you guys might be interested and comments are welcome including anything I could do better for my next lot.. always learning..

I'll have them for sale this week sometime on my website once I've worked out the price.

First up is a coffee table in 1/12th scale made from American walnut with a jelutong inner detail and a cherry insert in the top.
With thanks to those who commented on my finish question earlier this week I decided on BLO and wax as that's what I had to hand and they came out pretty nice.

The table has a silky smooth finish.

Table is 4" long x 2" wide by 1.5" high approx.
Light is 1" high x 1/4" deep.

Modern Table forum sm.jpg

The second is a 'light' / art piece that looks fairly ordinary in the table photo but when you have background light shining through the red circles glow. It looks better in reality but you can see from the reflection in the table it's glowing. Pretty funky :)

Modern Light forum sm.jpg

Jennifer,

Attachments

• Modern Table forum sm.jpg
    Modern Table forum sm.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Modern Light forum sm.jpg
    Modern Light forum sm.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 176
Very nice, my eyes struggle with 1/1 scale these days and these are only a twelfth of that! Realy neat and tidy.

Jen do you find dolls to be fussy over the chosen finish, also i cant seen any coasters??

:lol:

well done they look great!

adidat

Thanks guys.

Adidat - well, some dolls can be very fussy but recon they'll like running their hands over this! ;)
Hmm, coasters, I wonder if I can get them that small....

some thin slices of 6.5mm dowel would give you 12th scale 75mm so not impossible for a lady of your calibre!

adidat

adidat":3lh7sx61 said:
some thin slices of 6.5mm dowel would give you 12th scale 75mm so not impossible for a lady of your calibre!

adidat

That would be the easy bit, putting a country scene or animal design on with a pyrography iron would be the icing on the cake!!!

There you are Jen, the challenge has been set! :mrgreen:

Very nice Jen, I have got some pear wood drying ready to make some stuff for my wifes dolls house. I understand pear is good for small grain.
Mark

Dodge":wbc5xwlc said:
That would be the easy bit, putting a country scene or animal design on with a pyrography iron would be the icing on the cake!!!

There you are Jen, the challenge has been set! :mrgreen:

Thanks but not sure my skills are at that level just yet :shock:

Coasters I have an idea for though that should work ok.

wallace":3cu0e6s8 said:
Very nice Jen, I have got some pear wood drying ready to make some stuff for my wifes dolls house. I understand pear is good for small grain.
Mark

Thanks Mark. Yes, I've heard that too though it's quite expensive from my small scales wood supplier. I buy my wood already thicknessed and then cut down from there.

Latest posts

Back