New Metabo SCMS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henning

Established Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give anyone in the market for one of these a heads up!
I was attending a tool show last week where Metabo showed 4 new SCMS
Easy to use, i quote: "the best dust extraction on the market", apparently solid sliding bearings and a rather nice look.
Available in Norway now, and currently on offer. I cannot find them on Metabo site, but watch out.

Pro's: Dust extraction, laser, easily available controls and available in one of the sizes with induction motor, price.

Con's: Regular sliding mechanism with slides extending backwards, fence looked a little flimsy.

I'll have another look to see if i can find any pic's!

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

The one with the induction motor does look interesting and, as far a I can recall, it's cutting capacities are greater than any previous saws with induction motors.

What makes the extraction so much more efficient?

OPJ":2wasrhdf said:
Thanks for the heads-up. :)

The one with the induction motor does look interesting and, as far a I can recall, it's cutting capacities are greater than any previous saws with induction motors.

What makes the extraction so much more efficient?

I had a long look at this and it seems the extra hood at the back creates a funnel into which a lot of the dust thrown up by the sawblade will travel into. This is in turn connected to the extraction system. I am due to go and have a test run of several different Milwaukee and Metabo machines on september 8, and will report back any findings if this saw is present!

Hi Henning,

Looks very similar to the Kapex. Theres a big sort of hood at the rear of the saw that must be something to do with dust extraction.

chippy1970":226ha5eh said:
Hi Henning,

Looks very similar to the Kapex. Theres a big sort of hood at the rear of the saw that must be something to do with dust extraction.

I immediately saw it as an alternative to the Kapex. This one has the columns moving out behind the saw though.

It seems Metabo is bringing out a lot of interesting new designs these days!

Was at an event today where i actually tried this out.

Another two pro's:
Dust extraction port can take 100mm, 50mm. or 36mm. hose.
The fence is pre-drilled for user made zero clearence fence.

The induction one only makes a whizzing noise from the sawblade, the engine is barely hearable.

And stupid me didn't take any pic's :-(

I have tried it, and the dust extraction is miles ahead on Makita, Elu, Bosch and DeWalt which is the SCMS's i have tried . I have not tried the Kapex yet, but when i do, i'll post my findings of which has the better dust extraction. To bad the slides are coming out on the back side. If they didn't i'd be buying one right now, room or not.

Did you by any chance notice if the induction motor model is capable of trench cuts?
regards,beejay

beejay":1egx96ob said:
Did you by any chance notice if the induction motor model is capable of trench cuts?
regards,beejay

They all are capable of trenching cuts. It does, however, need a secondary fence to make it flat bottomed, something which will limit the width of cut.

Back