New Member with question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbob1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have just joined and have as of last week a new scroll saw has arrived to replace my other scroll saw it is a Axminster Trade EX-16 and am just getting used to it.

Now for the newbie question where in the UK can you get 1/4" and 1/2" board blanks roughly 8x5 " I can not find them anywhere on ebay uk I was trying to find them after watching a Steve Good u tube video there seems to be plenty of choice on ebay USA.

Thank you all, Brian I have seen your Intarsia motorcycles and am most impressed I have a friend turning 60 who I have toured round Europe many times he has just done up one of his bikes A Harley Road King and I would love to do some Intarsia on that but I am not worthy of doing such a project yet and I have all ready turned a pen and pencil kit for his wife so that idea is out the window. I have bought a sheet of 6mm ply from Wickes to practice on and downloaded some test patterns from ScrollSaw Paradise which I am going to practice on. Have also followed his u tube video series on Intarsia. I have a planner thicknesser the only problem I have with cutting thin sheets is the throat depth of my bandsaw is not very big so your links Steve and Aggrajag are very welcome. I am after solid wood eventually instead of ply to hopefully start fretwork with different background/foreground colour and eventually want to have a go at intarsie. Brian and Steve I believe we have met before on the penturners forum in fact I posted a picture of my scrollsaw recently.
Thank you all for your help

The plywood from 4D Modelshop is phenomenally better than builders plywood, there are no voids, it's much more sturdy and has more layers. You'll not regret it, get yourself some 6.4mm to play with, it's what I use the most.

Aggrajag":2zfflmki said:
The plywood from 4D Modelshop is phenomenally better than builders plywood, there are no voids, it's much more sturdy and has more layers. You'll not regret it, get yourself some 6.4mm to play with, it's what I use the most.

I will order some thank you for advice

Back