New Member, New Workshop and Hello!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidJHolmes

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I would introduce myself with a picture from my workshop! Its not the tidiest, only been in about 6months so still building storage when I'm feeling motivated, that said, it's not the messiest either :D (hammer) I'll post some more as things progress. I have a few tools the main one being my pride and joy, a CNC Router. Finally bought a table saw (well a site saw) which works well for me and with the Jointer/Thicknesser I can finally process my timber without the need of having to buy it done. Main issue I have at the moment is dust :evil: so working on some dust collection as I go along.

Currently making a Zero Clearance Insert for my table saw after a piece got sucked in and went with a good wallop which almost resulted in a trouser change! :mrgreen:

Rgds

David

Attachments

• 20160611_123449_resized (Custom).jpg
    20160611_123449_resized (Custom).jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 1,287
Thanks guys!

MattRoberts":ufgekpci said:
Welcome aboard! Your shop is ten times cleaner than mine at the minute! And a lot shinier!

Well I purposely avoided any close ups :mrgreen: The dust is thick and everywhere!

Hello and welcome... Workshop looks good. Can I ask what are the 2 items in the top left of your image are they rotary storage pots? If so where can you get them?

monkeybiter":si0b4ptt said:
DavidJHolmes":si0b4ptt said:
The dust is thick and everywhere!

The dust isn't thick until it's up to your knees!

Welcome.

What have you used the router for so far?

I made the cupboards along the back with them in the shop, and various bits and pieces. I make sensory boards for children and currently do half tone photos in black or white board. It also makes you really lazy so when you want a 300mm circle I just fire it up lol! I'll post some photos up when I can find them! :)

Tonytygwyn":si0b4ptt said:
Hello and welcome... Workshop looks good. Can I ask what are the 2 items in the top left of your image are they rotary storage pots? If so where can you get them?

They are rotary storage pots, I was given them as a present. They are really useful for keeping screws, washers and the likes. I'll see if I can find out where they came from. Might have been somewhere like Costco but I'll find out for sure.

Latest posts

Back