New member here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RFB

Reaction score
Hi ... I have been browsing this site for a little while and found it very interesting with a lot of knowledgeable people, so I decided to join up. I just ordered a Proxxon DSH 2 Speed Scroll Saw, which I believe is a budget scrollsaw so not expecting too much ... but its German, and things that are German are usually well made ... well thats my logic anyway ... it will probably fall to bits first day lol.
So anyway .... hope to learn a lot here and maybe in time contribute something as well.

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time here and if you need any help getting started, well, you've come to the right place. Have fun ;-)

Barry

Hi welcome
So glad to hear that someone else have the same saw as I do. I find it good to use although I wish that it had an easier to use blade holder, it is a little fiddly when changing blades, but for the price what can you expect. I took the time to sand the bed with wet and dry and then machine waxed it, this has improved the smoothness of the work bed. I have also attached a flexible plastic blower tube. I am a newbie with scrolling and thought that this machine would enable me to learn the basics before spending a lot of money on a higher spec machine. Happy Scrolling.

Welcome to the forum guys....although I have never used the Proxxon scroll saw I do have quite a few Proxxon tools and they are usually very well made and you should enjoy using them.

Cheers
Brian

ps whats your first name? I don't like talking using someones user name.

Don't buy proxxon scroll saw blades it's ridiculous dung.

Buy lot of those bolts. But little longer than original in clamps. They break really often. And if its longer it's easy remove it use pliers.
socket-head-cap-screw.jpg

And have fun on proxxon. It's pretty neat scroll saw you can make interesting stuff on it.

wolf_by_decodrew-d3daqpt.jpg

kitty_clock_pic1_by_decodrew.jpg

Thanks for the welcome and the advice, it arrived today ( quick service from Axminster I must say ) so will be having a go soon.

Richard.

Ok .... bearing in mind that I have nothing to compare it against and have only used it briefly ... heres a very brief first impressions of my Proxxon saw for anyone interested.
I was concerned about noise and vibration as I have to use it indoors ... well its quiet enough to use on the slower speed without disturbing anyone and with no discernible vibration, a little bit more noise at the fast speed but still not bad at all and still with very little vibration, the saw is just on a table with a blanket underneath it. It cuts through 18mm Teak easy. The whole machine seems solid and of good quality. The instruction manual is clear and it arrived with some blades included and a packet of Pegas blades which I was not expecting. I have not fitted the blower or the guard yet or tried dust extraction so cant comment on those. I have not tried changing blades yet but I am expecting it to be fiddly as the watchkeeper above said, it seems to be a common problem with all the cheaper saws, and I have ordered some bolts to fit the blade holders as reviews and Dominik have said they dont last well. But yes ... impressed so far. Now I just need a lot of practice I think.

Richard

Back