New Marc Fish video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark w

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently watched the new youtube Marc Fish video, I posted a comment which said "Great furniture, brilliant designs, perfectly made. How does that tambour work? How is that table constructed? How does his shirt stay so white after a day in the workshop?"
I meant what I said the shirt bit was a joke, the people at Marc Fish did not see it that way and have removed the comment and stopped anybody else commenting on it. So I would like to apologize to anybody who did wish to post a comment.
The man wears a bowler hat I thought he could take a joke!

That's quite a desk (start of vid)... but reminiscent of the early work of Matthew Hilton (oh boy that would p*ss MF off if he heard that).
Anyway, nice work, but I don't like creatives who take everything they do so seriously... like disabling comments.

You may find the white shirt part was just for the promotional video ?

As I only viewed one saw cut being done ( By someone else )

Everything looks very clinical so I had better not invite him to my workshop :lol: :p :mrgreen:

Hi Mark - Matthew Hilton is one of the foremost designers of contemporary furniture in the UK, studied somewhere in Kent, London-based, was 'adopted' by Sheridan Coakley in the mid-80's (of SCP), and Sheridan helped MH get his first designs to market - notably the Antelope table, a fusion of cast aluminium (for the antelope legs), a sycamore stem stained black, and an MDF top. Not a classical craftsman, but a significant furniture designer. The Antelope table is in V&A, is very rare... and I have one :lol: 8) It was a limited edition numbered, partly because there were so many problems casting the ali that most of them were scrapped! here we go:

Attachments

• mh1.jpg
    mh1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 122
condeesteso, I don`t usually like metal and wood mixed in furniture, but I really like that table. Thanks for the info on the designer surely Marc fish was influenced by him. If its not too personal a question, what is the table valued at now?

Mark white

Mark,
Just checked out the video and you comment appears to be back up. Must be the power of the press!!! UKworkshop's power spreads far and wide...
Eoin

Hi Mark - hard to say as they don't come up often at all. A dealer in NY recently had one at $4500, now showing as sold (!!). Note I bought it new back in about '88 for way way less than that! Part of the 'pension' I suppose :wink:

Back