New lathe EIP!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good (apart from the last picture). I couldn't see the pink fluffy handles???
I am a bit shocked by my wife - instead of suggesting I should install curtains she did enquire of the safety risk of flappy things near the lathe.
Enjoy
Look forward to seeing the output
Cheers
Colin

Skeet, that looks like a really good setup. Right infront of the window is the dogs danglies! It is exactly where mine is and has been for about 5 years now! The light is great!

But one quick word of warning? If you have a lump of something that you are not sure of then open the window! Then if it does let go it will either go further into you workshop or out of the open window...

Just another observasion? DON'T tuck yer trousers in yer boots when you are turning or you will 'fill yer boots'! :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

Super job! I have the same lathe and I am delighted with it. When it comes time to change the belt take the numbers to your local Belt & Bearings place and get one there. I replaced the toothed belt with a solid belt and I think the drive is better. I was told Jet are sending solid belts as replacements now so, maybe, your belt is solid now.

Also, a tip from an engineer friend of mine. Rub the bed with engine oil (or 3in1 etc) once a month because cast iron absorbs oil and it will stop rust and keep things moving sweetly. I have found the oil does not accumulate dust on the bed (maybe if you slapped it on it would).

Health to enjoy your lathe.

Brendan.

Thanks guys,

I had a lot of fun putting this together.

No pink fluffy handles, didn't want to give any of you old geezers a bad turn!!! :lol:

The curtain to the left is well out of the way and the right hand curtain gets hung up when turning, so no real problems.

I keep my window open all the time when turning, nice fresh air and I like to hear the birds in the summer time.

Boots are fine btw, you can't tell from this picture but I did soil myself several times during set up, had to realease the excitement somehow!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brendan,

I'm very excited and should get a chance to have a go tomorrow.

Thanks for the 3in1 oil tip.

Not looked at the belt yet but I will and let you know.

One slight change is that the power button is now the two rubber covered buttons and not the red/yellow flip switch in most pictures.

Cheers,

Lee.

Hi Lee,

I remember when my lathe was that colour.... :lol: :lol:

You enjoy it won't you!! Lots of pictures please!!!

Cheers

Richard

Im soooooooooooooo Jealous Lee !

Lets see some use !!!!

Back