New here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have just joined this great forum. (been lurking for a while) :oops:

I am looking forward to talking to you all.

:D

Hello and welcome :D

So tell us more about yourself - you've taken the first step,there's no turning back now :wink:
(Location,interests etc.)

Andrew

PowerTool":37vyv5af said:
Hello and welcome :D

So tell us more about yourself - you've taken the first step,there's no turning back now :wink:
(Location,interests etc.)

Andrew

Hi Andrew.

I am male 36, Blonde hair, blue eyes WLTM (sorry...wrong forum...joking) :shock:

I live in West-Lancashire, I have a little knowledge of woodwork. I am into Photography,RC models,taking things apart, and I am in the process of driving my wife crazy with the re-invention of the Garage turning into a shop :twisted: :D

woodbloke":3ml9yago said:
RPM, welcome.........watch out for the slope tho' :wink: :wink:

Slope? Tell me more :shock: :? :)

RPM":1c3t2rez said:
woodbloke":1c3t2rez said:
RPM, welcome.........watch out for the slope tho' :wink: :wink:

Slope? Tell me more :shock: :? :)

Oh no, here we go again :roll: :)
You ( I mean the wife ) will not be happy you asked that soon, sorry I can tellyou as I am trying to back away from it :-$ :)

Welcome, RPM. Don't know about The Slope eh? Short for Slippery Slope - the place you find yourself sliding down into financial oblivion usually in conjunction with your first positive hand plane experience. One isn't enough, twenty seven are too many. :lol: Some people claim there are slopes for things like cast iron machinery, but no-one actually has half a dozen of the same model of table saw now, do they? Planes though... Chisels too. Saws are another one...

I should run away while you can really. :D

Cheers, Alf

Hello and welcome! Nice to have another "Lanky" on board :lol:

Alf":2pg6scln said:
Some people claim there are slopes for things like cast iron machinery, but no-one actually has half a dozen of the same model of table saw now, do they?
Oh, but there is a slope, though, that's why peeps buy things like this:

2b_3.jpg

(BTW the machine is about 9 ft high). But for some poor souls, I'd agree, one combi is enough :wink: (or even too much)

Scrit

Yebbutt, Scrit, you're not telling me you have three of them so you don't have to change blades half way through the project, are you? Heck, that's just a shallow gradient... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf

At least let RPM get his feet wet before you slide him to the top of the slope :lol: :lol:

RPM, you'll quickly learn who's on the dark side, be warned before you know it you'll be pennyless.

Allright I DON'T have three bandsaws (and my biggest isn't quite as big as that 30in Sagar), but I've got TWO and I've just bought a third :shock: (although that is a "swappie") - see, there is a slope :wink:

At least I don't have a plentiful supply of lubricant for the slope :roll:

Scrit

Thanks again for the welcomes.

Ahhh! that slope! :lol:

I think I designed and built the slope my friends :D

I have a least 3k worth of tools from my days in the garages, All parked under the stairs! (yes, The wife is well happy about it) :roll: :D

Spanners,testers,cutters,sockets....the list is endless.

If anyone is stuck for a spanner or tool for a job just yell and I will see if I can help.

Cheers

Pecker":3s5rh63m said:
Hiya RPM welcome to the Forum. Don't forget all those tools are really an investment for the future :twisted:

mark

:lol: Thanks.....thats what I told her!

Investment my dear...investment.

One more thing......I see SWMBO comes up a lot, I have tried....no Idea?

Anyone?

Edit: I just Googled it. :oops:

Latest posts

Back