New Guy Here!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

After deriding my two teenage daughters for years over the amount of time they spend chatting on the computer, I find you guys! I now finally understand how addictive this stuff can get.

I'm Duncan, and after many years in the pine furniture game I bailed out eighteen months ago to become a bespoke cabinet maker, aiming to utilise at last the skills I had honed a quarter of a century previously at college and as a trainee woodwork teacher.

Boy, haven't things changed?!

Where then I would have hand-cut secret mitred dovetails, I now discover something called a biscuit joiner. If it had not been for His Royal Normness I wouldn't even know what a router was!

Anyway, these advances embraced enthusiastically, my workshop is set up and business is brisk. I operate from 1500 sq ft of space including the sprayshop and employ two staff, who consistantly take home a higher wage than I do, much to my wife's delight! ...'Why can't you get a proper job?'...

I'm looking forward to making contact with other woodworkers, particularly those trying to make a living from it, and hope to be of help whenever I can

Duncan

Hello Duncan and welcome. I am sure you will enjoy it here on the forum as much as I do. I am only a hobby woodworker but have been practicing for many years now and do make a little money out of it part time. I am sure others will be along to welcome you very soon. :)

Welcome to the forum Duncan, It's nearly 11 hrs since you introduced yourself, Where's the pictures :lol:

Welcome Duncan,

Chas, plenty of pics on the website good ones too & a mug shot for the gallery.

Andy

dedee":1tp0gyed said:
Welcome Duncan,

Chas, plenty of pics on the website good ones too & a mug shot for the gallery.

Andy
Thanks Andy, not really awake at that time in the morning.

I thought that I was a fat old ugly *******.

I have just seen that my mugshot is up on the Rogues Gallery and feel right at home!

Welcome Duncan

I have posted a reply to your query about the Rout-R-Lift.

This is a great forum with folks who are willing to help

Back