New Graphite Clifton 5 1/2 Passaround

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richarddownunder":3fa5ub4w said:
iNewbie":3fa5ub4w said:
richarddownunder":3fa5ub4w said:
My new Clifton 51/2 has just arrived this morning from Peter :ho2 Inititial impressions are excellent fit and finish and, true to advertising, it works out of the box...couldn't help myself and had to make a few shavings in my pyjamas before heading off to work (not in pyjamas).

I hope that wasn't hair shavings, Richard down under. :lol:

That's how real blokes shave (if you haven't got a sharpened axe handy, that is).

Spoken like a true Kiwi :)

Record%20stay%20set%20small.jpg
richarddownunder":19o0ltaj said:
The SS Record plane I have (pictured) that was rescued from certain death is one of my favorites (no, the table isn't very flat is it!).
Is that an old photo Richard? IIRC you did that plane up 5 or 6 years ago. If that's a recent photo, you must have just taken it out of it's glass case :mrgreen:

richarddownunder":19o0ltaj said:
My new Clifton 51/2 has just arrived this morning from Peter Inititial impressions are excellent fit and finish and, true to advertising, it works out of the box...!
Shame it's not part of Peter's passaround :wink: I'd love to have a look at that (and a play). One day I'll pass through Palmie with enough spare time to call in and say gidday (if I'm allowed, of course).

Cheers, Envious Vann.

Attachments

• Record%20stay%20set%20small.jpg
    Record%20stay%20set%20small.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,039
Vann":3tsu25tk said:
richarddownunder":3tsu25tk said:
The SS Record plane I have (pictured) that was rescued from certain death is one of my favorites (no, the table isn't very flat is it!).
Is that an old photo Richard? IIRC you did that plane up 5 or 6 years ago. If that's a recent photo, you must have just taken it out of it's glass case :mrgreen:

richarddownunder":3tsu25tk said:
My new Clifton 51/2 has just arrived this morning from Peter Inititial impressions are excellent fit and finish and, true to advertising, it works out of the box...!
Shame it's not part of Peter's passaround :wink: I'd love to have a look at that (and a play). One day I'll pass through Palmie with enough spare time to call in and say gidday (if I'm allowed, of course).

Cheers, Envious Vann.

Hi Vann

yes its the same plane, an old picture (you have a good memory...and sorry to dredge up old pics) but it looks pretty much the same as it did then. It gets used as well, then put away, oiled lovingly. More than happy to say gidday, I'll put a beer in the fridge in preparation.

I'm really thrilled with the 5 1/2 now I have had an hour or so to play with it (even though I have already managed to put a tiny ding in the side :twisted: ) I'm so impressed I think I'll write a thread of its very own and post a whole bunch of photos.

Cheers
Richard

Latest posts

Back