New game - Hunt the drive center

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frugal

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a very simple game and I am sure that everyone has played it at some point.

Step one: Knock out the drive center whilst not paying enough attention to the hand that is supposed to be doing the catching.

Step two: spend 40 minutes turning the workshop upside down trying to find where the stupid thing has fallen.

Bonus points are awarded for the number of large pieces of timber you need to move in order to look in all of the nooks and crannies that it must have fallen into as it is not on the bench top anymore. Bonus points are also awarded for emptying and sorting through the buckets of shavings that are on the floor as it must have fallen into one of them as it was not in any of the nooks or the crannies.

The game ends when you realize that the damn thing has dropped straight down onto the motor under the bed, 6 inches below where it started from. Where it has been sat neatly resting for the past 40 minutes watching you play the game...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I recognise that game played it myself a few times.

john

:lol: :lol: Ahhh yes played this and where's the pencil many a time. My tape measures go on vacation for weeks on end :lol:

Well, I don't know about you but I've also got a Poltergeist!! I put something on the bench/tool table/lathe/magnetic tray and come back to it sortly after, only to find it gone!! After a while of searching I find it exactly where I first looked :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh the fun and games we have!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Richard

Haha,
The most annoying thing is, if you wanted it to drop out & come to rest in the place it did, it never would :evil: :evil:

I played hunt the barrel trimmer the other day, it took me longer to find, than it did to turn the pen :shock: :evil:

It`s sod`s law, & nothing we mere mortals can do about it. :lol: :lol:

got to admit it, love hearing you young uns dropping and missing things too, makes me think i haven't quite entered the age of no return yet then.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes I am with you all on this one.
It was sand paper for me yesterday, found it today sweeping up.
On the Coronet the pesky spanner you can't live without keeps hiding under piles of shavings (keeping warm I suppose)

Doug B":1boas7il said:
I played hunt the barrel trimmer the other day, it took me longer to find, than it did to turn the pen :shock: :evil:
I can beat that, I had two, put then away safe, spent a whole week looking for then next time I wanted to make a couple of pens, gave up ordered a new one. At this point on the next visit to the shop the missing item reappears, not this time. :evil: New one turns up, still no sign of the old ones. :twisted:
Six weeks later, open a tin of cuff link stuff and what's there, a pair of barrel trimmers, why did I put then in there? :roll: :oops:

but this is a universal law... We lost out digital camera, looked high and low for it, tidied the house, turned the car inside out, looked in the garage, sent emails to gatherings we could have left it at... Played the "we're not interested, don't really need it, ah look there is it - oh it's not" game designed to surprise the errant item. After about 6 months we gave in an bought a new one. On the WAY HOME from the shop I braked sharply to avoid something and the old camera zoomed out from under the passenger seat and hit my wife in the foot :twisted:

I hate stuff - why do I love buying it!?

Miles

Richard Findley":3h2eycip said:
Well, I don't know about you but I've also got a Poltergeist!! I put something on the bench/tool table/lathe/magnetic tray and come back to it sortly after, only to find it gone!! After a while of searching I find it exactly where I first looked :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh the fun and games we have!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Richard
Richard, that polty fellow must be related to my Ghost,I have the same problems,even with me car :lol: :lol: Regards Boysie

DaveL":j6va3vr7 said:
Six weeks later, open a tin of cuff link stuff and what's there, a pair of barrel trimmers, why did I put then in there? :roll: :oops:

Perhaps they`d hidden themselves in there :shock: , if you`d have left them a while longer you might have had 3 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A friend of mine owned a second hand car lot. Took a part x in and parked it in the over flow garage(multi story) Went to move it the next day and it was gone. Went back several times no it' not there. Two days later he decided to contact police and reported it as stollen. Police called a day later to say that they had found the car undamaged......... on the next floor :lol: :lol:

Well actually I can't say I've lost the drive centre yet. In fact I've been quite good at making homes for things and keeping them there. I'm too busy mucking things up on the lathe ;)

I think my favorite is the pencil that always gets lost OOPS its behind my ear :oops: and still keep losing it and yes it is always behind the ear :oops: :oops:

I've taken to jotting down dated notes on the walls to remind me where I last dropped my router depth stop. It's always the same - plunge the router, find the stop is set and I can't go deep enough. So, Loosen the stop, plunge to the right depth, route the workpiece, and then put the router down on the bench, flipping it upside down so I can leave the cutter extended. Out goes the depth stop, out comes the pencil "Depth stop in box of offcuts 10/04/07"... "Depth stop somewhere under compressor 14/16/18"... etc

Hi All,
I was looking the other day for the four prong drive centre and couldn't find it so I borrowed one from the other lathe that had not been used before.
All goes well till I knocked it out missed the catch it hit the bed then the floor and when I retrieved it the centre point had popped out into the shavings. I hadn't realised it had a loose centre!!
I did find it eventually!
Regards,
Ian

Even worse, when you're scrabbling around on the floor working on something too large to go on the bench; you put the screwdriver down but you've forgotten you've got a B****Y Springer Spaniel! :roll:

Back