New credit card

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mind_the_goat":1hwldz37 said:
I read on another forum tonight that there is an app. for the Iphone which allows you to scan your card and to make payments to on line suppliers without the need to enter your card details manually.

I hadn't realized that Apple had included card reader hardware in their new phone.

I contacted my bank when I got a similar card, strangely I thought it better to ask them then a wood working forum :)
They have a limit (£100 I think per day using this payment method) and they assured me they would pick up the tab if it wasn't me that used it. Still not entirely comfortable about it but I saved my card from the shredder. After all it is quite hard work typing in that 4 digit code every time.

How do you prove to them that it isn't you?

And how much time, energy and emotion will you have to expend doing it?

For me, not having a card with a facility that is insecure and open to abuse far outweighs any marginal benefits.

Roger I asked them to cancel my card and asked for one without the facility and they said all cards were coming pay pass and I assume other companies so you could be without any credit card.

Cant live without mine, had one since 1965 ish and its my life, never carry cash as a way of life anymore. (always pay up the bill of course each month from banked pensions)

RogerS":3qzzyyit said:

Roger, he's a wimp, could not even use a hammer.

Brings back thoughts of elderly relatives who would not use a gramaphone, telephone even TV sent them into a faint.

PS

Roger, just think if you walked the length of Oxford Street WC1 and passed every store with their card receiver switched on they are going to cost you a fortune. Stay indoors would be the safest thing to do. :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back